US$117
US$99
  • Pool
US$67
PremierInn.com
Holiday Inn Express Dunfermline(Dunfermline)(Great Value!)
US$78
US$104
US$85
Hotels.com
King Malcolm Hotel(Dunfermline)
US$123
US$84
Savings alert! 30% below average rates

The price you found is 30% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$120/night.

Garvock House Hotel(Dunfermline)
US$170
All reviewstrain stationrelaxing weekendwarm welcomekyleearplugsedinburghbath
Reviewed 26 March 2018 via mobile

I had to write a review as since change of ownership this year, my husband and I popped in on the off chance they could fit us in. Although busy, a friendly face found room for us. Last time we had visited last year, we were the only two dining, and we vowed never to return!
Well this time what a difference, it felt warm and welcoming and the menu looked delicious. I had heartwarming homemade lasagna, fresh salad, and homemade chips. So tasty but I wondered how my husband would enjoy his steak as he is very particular! He loved it, and what a plateful he enjoyed.
All the staff were helpful and friendly and I also noticed advertising for entertainment, so hopefully another evening we could try this out too.
It’s wonderful to see this beautiful old hotel being restored to a charismatic venue it once was, and please visit whether your local to the area, or visiting. I know Lis, John and Nicky their wonderful chef will look after you, and you won’t be disappointed.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
Johnmctaggart, Owner at The Woodside Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 26 March 2018

Hi Jill N, many thanks! We're delighted you had a good experience at the hotel. The Woodside is a labour of love for us all, so when we hear of happy customers it gives us all a lift. Hope you can come back for one of our live music evenings. These are all top artists and we do great meal deals on these evenings too :-) Best wishes, John

Reviewed 25 March 2018 via mobile

Stayed for 3 nights as a short break and enjoyed every minute. Staff very helpful and very very friendly can’t do enough. The food is fantastic I can definitely recommend the Haggis and Goats cheese Bon Bon’s they are to die for!! Breakfast is lovely to set you up for the day and plenty of choice.
My husband had stayed here a few time previously under the last owners and he can see the definite improvements that the new owners have started to make.
Great base for train link to Edinburgh and surrounding areas. Will definitely be recommending to family and friends wanting to visit Scotland and will be back again soon myself.

1  Thank Clare T

Hi Clare T

We're delighted you've had an enjoyable stay with us, your satisfaction is very important. Thanks for taking the time to comment. I'll pass your comment on the haggis & goat's cheese bon bons!

John

Reviewed 21 March 2018 via mobile

We held our wedding here in early March unfortunately right in the middle of the bad weather. Despite the difficulties this must have caused we have nothing but praise for the hotel, the staff, the food, the rooms and the effort that was put in to make the day very special.

The bridal suite was recently renovated and they have done a fantastic job with it . I believe more rooms are due for a makeover. Guests remarked on how good the food was for the reception both in quality and size.

Special thanks to Kyle for organising everything and doing so with a great attitude despite the problems the weather was causing.

We can't praise the hotel highly enough. Thanks for making the day very special for us .

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
Johnmctaggart, Owner at The Woodside Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 March 2018

Hi Steve B

A wedding is a very special day and we'll always do everything we can to make it go as well as it possibly can. I'm delighted you chose us for your big day and that it went well. Yes, Kyle is a fantastic guy to have in the team, I'll pass on your good wishes. Thanks for the review, much appreciated. John

Reviewed 18 March 2018 via mobile

Having got married there in 2008 I was very interested to see if the new owners, who are renowned for their modern style, could maintain the authentic Scottishishness of this beautiful hotel, the answer simply emphatically YES, stunning decor beautifully clean lines everywhere food perfection, staff perfection really pleased that they kept that beautiful Scottish Services yet give the place a Morden twist 10/10

Stayed: March 2018, travelled solo
2  Thank MarkRBennett
Johnmctaggart, Owner at The Woodside Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 March 2018

Hi MarkRBennett, thanks for reviewing us. Yes, The Woodside not so long ago was the place for weddings and we're very keen to get the place on the map again. Thanks for your kind and insightful comments on our overall plan. Every day we're working on improving the place while still keeping its character. Hope you can drop by again. John

Reviewed 18 March 2018 via mobile

Myself and my husband decided on an overnight at the hotel so we could visit Kinghorn for the day. We had the suite which was massive, large comfortable bed, warm and spotlessly clean. We had a lovely meal in the restaurant on the Friday evening. The food and drinks very well priced. We had such a pleasant night that we decided to stay another night. This time we had a standard room, which also had a lovely bed and spotlessly clean. Breakfast was included and was prefect to start your day off. The owners John and Liz came out to say hello. All the staff were extremely friendly and pleasant. The hotel was bought in November 2017 by the present owners and they are upgrading the hotel to their own standards and style. We are already planning on another weekend break there in Sept. This is an honest review by a genuine guest.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple

Hi Cathryn B, delighted that you enjoyed your stay at the hotel and all this lovely part of Scotland has to offer. I'm sorry you couldn't stay in the suite both nights but really pleased that you still managed to enjoy your stay. The hotel is a labour of love for us. We're very lucky to have the staff we have and reading reviews like yours gives us all a lift. Hope to see you again. John