Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
US$144
View deal
PricelineUS$144
FindHotelUS$144
eDreamsUS$144
Agoda.comUS$144
EtripUS$144
TripadvisorUS$144
All reviews the ground floor friendly hotel member of staff room was large feel very welcome many thanks comfy bed menu outskirts coast
Selected filters
Reviewed 11 September 2021

Disappointing breakfast. We were handed 5 forms on arrival to pre order Breakfast for our entire stay! To say the servings were sparse is an understatement.

On the first morning my breakfast consisted of one rasher of bacon, half of a grilled tomato, scrambled egg and two small triangles of (barely toasted) toast.

Given that I had not wanted sausage, black pudding and mushrooms, I expected a more generous portion of bacon, egg and tomatoes.

I requested more toast and on the 2nd day I asked for more bacon and tomato. I got two rashers and two half tomatoes for the remaining days.

Rooms not serviced daily ( I requested the bathroom to be cleaned on the 3rd morning of our 5 night stay and this was done, but our bed wasn’t made up).

On 4th day bathroom was cleaned again and this time the bed was made up! Other than that our room wasn’t serviced and we had to make requests for towels, toiletries etc which were hung in a plastic bag on the handle outside our room door.

Not the homely atmosphere I had expected. No feeling of relaxed or homely ambience anytime throughout our stay.

Certainly not what I expected for £165 per night.

We had spent two nights in a 4*hotel immediately before our stay at Knockomie Inn which cost £100
a night and the service, ambience and quality of food was excellent in comparison to Knockomie Inn

I wouldn’t recommend the Knocomie Inn to anyone.

Date of stay: September 2021
2  Thank JingleJangleJinx
Reviewed 31 July 2021 via mobile

The entrance to this suburban hotel on the outskirts of Forres is via a long drive flanked by two very large building sites. There are substantial gardens with well-kept lawns but the borders are completely overgrown.

We were greeted in the very dark hall and pre-payment was taken for the entire cost of our stay- an astute business move on their part as it turned out. We were taken upstairs to our room on the first floor. I noticed signs of damp in an extensive area of the stair ceiling. The key was given to us and we were given the first of several forms to complete throughout our stay- Covid status, breakfast choice, towel usage.

The room was large and very tatty- cracked glass in the window and bathroom door; severely chipped painted woodwork, walls requiring repainting. The wall-mounted light fitting was damaged and worked intermittently and the bedside lampshades were placed on top of their bases- not fitted- so they flopped to the side when the lamps were used.

The area behind the TV was very dusty.

The small bathroom was a throwback to the 1980s- tiny sink- with a sharp and dangerous towel rail. The toiletries were not as advertised and placed on top of the cistern as there was no shelving in the room.

The room was not serviced throughout our stay- we were asked to complete a form for any clean towels we required and to place our own towels in the hall. The fresh towels were then delivered in a plastic bag. This was unique in my experience and reflected the management of the hotel throughout. Covid is not an excuse not to service rooms.

Meanwhile it had started to rain heavily and I had the Fawltey-esque experience of discussing where to visit with a member of staff while it literally was raining inside the hall on the stairs - damp patch explained I suppose. The carpet was soaking wet and bucket was placed to (fail to) catch the water. This was a further unmarked hazard.

Dinner and breakfast were acceptable with no choice on the morning for breakfast.

Staff were young and pleasant but undertrained- they produced the incorrect drinks for another guest and were aggressive-defensive when challenged on this. Whatever happened to “the customer is always right?”- especially in this case when they were right.

I paid my bill and was not asked if I enjoyed my stay- a wise move on their part.

I was told my receipt would be emailed to me- unsurprisingly this has not happened.

I think this is a poor hotel- I cannot quite believe the people who give it adequate reviews with tired and failing decor, undertrained staff and a severe lack of the investment it requires. I will not be returning.

Date of stay: June 2021
2  Thank 124fraserm
Reviewed 31 May 2021

A lovely, quirky wee hotel, furnishings are dated but still nice, comfy bed, our room was on the ground floor which was nice because it had patio doors opening out onto a lovely garden. The service was brilliant and the food was delicious, and compared to other hotels that we looked at in Forres on the date we stayed, much better value for money. Would stay here again!

Date of stay: May 2021
1  Thank GillianOldhamAKR
Reviewed 5 November 2020

This is our 3rd hotel stay up in/near Forres within a month and this was definitely the best so far.

Why?

The food is superb. The portion sizes aren't huge but that is good as over eating is easy to do and bad for you.

The service is excellent, very attentive but not intrusive.
Good size rooms and good shower power.

We left a special pillow behind as well and it was posted back very cheerfully and speedily.

Definitely we'll be going back.

Date of stay: November 2020
1  Thank VikiVet
Reviewed 8 September 2020 via mobile

Knockomie Inn is a 1914 arts and crafts building on the edge of Forres in its own grounds. We stayed two nights at the end of August. The welcome was warm. Our room was ready - large with a really comfortable bed, sofa and hand painted wardrobe and dressing table. The shower room was spotless.

Penny and Gavin are blessed with a young staff who know and understand customer service. We were on a special DBB deal and, as promised in the advert the prosecco was on ice!

There is a restaurant and bar and a sitting room for guests with a number of log burning fires. Dinner and breakfast were great. For me the sign of a good breakfast menu is eggs benedict, which were on the menu.

Any downside? Being a 110 y/o listed building window frames were a bit draughty but the heating made up for this. A great hideaway for a weekend or longer with so much beautiful coast and countryside around as well as distilleries.

Date of stay: August 2020