16 people are viewing this hotel
Hotels.comUS$132
PricelineUS$132
eDreamsUS$132
2,097 results
All reviews orangery restaurant sea view aura bar first class the main hotel sauna and steam room spa facilities afternoon tea an overnight stay wedding venue isle of arran waiting staff reception area changing rooms food was lovely my mum short break
Selected filters
Reviewed 29 November 2021

Stayed here for 2 nights food was excellent special mention for John Harris our waiter for 2 nights at the orangery restaurant
First class facilities at the spa will definitely be back rooms were very clean and bed was very comfortable.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Guest Services, Guest Services / Front Office at Seamill Hydro, responded to this reviewResponded 7 December 2021

Thanks for the lovely feedback!

We will be sure to pass this onto the team for them to review.

We hope to welcome you back again soon!

Reviewed 29 November 2021 via mobile

This was a lovely two night stay in a deluxe double room with a sea view. The room lived up to its reputation and was lovely.

We had dinner in the Orangerie restaurant. Five minutes after we ordered a chicken dish, it arrived. We were rather offput by thus knowing that this must have been preprepared and reheated. Not great.

The staff were amazing in each commodity.

We would return in a heart beat.

Dear Reviewer,

Thanks for taking the time to leave feedback from your recent stay. We are pleased to hear how much you enjoyed your visit and hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 26 November 2021

2 night stay in the seamill hydro as a treat to my mum after a hard year and her going through health problems and break down in marriage. This was a treat to her for 2 night including meals from me. 1st day we booked in, having been to swimming, sauna and stream room we were looking to chill out and relax this evening, shower in room which was blocked and not draining water the Porter came to the room with a “screwdriver” to fix the blocked bath! 1st night we booked into the orangery restaurant on 24 November at 1930, Service in the orangery was very short staffed we arrived at restaurant at 1930 and did not leave until 2200 back to room after a one course meal. service in hotel was horrendous. I have been told the restaurant got it “totally wrong and they do apologise for this”.
Second night 25th at 2030 for a meal. Both ordered ribeye steak which is not cheap (£40) each including sauce. The meal arrived my dinner had a grey curly hair in my meal, handed this back to the waiter and apologised for complaining. Second attempt and guess what…. the meal had another hair!! Manager of restaurant offered desert menu for this and advised that the second time was a “nylon thread, possibly off apron” is this acceptable for a meal? A nylon thread is not on the menu for starter and I do not expect another out of ordinary on my plate (hair or nylon thread off an apron) and it’s not 2200 hours and I have had no dinner and the “complementary desert was offered” for a steak that has hair 1st time and second time a hair but been advised nylon thread. Home time tomorrow would probably get better service within my local area and would be of better standard to this 4 star hotel. Will be glad to return home as the experience had been out of the ordinary standard for the seamill and regret mr stay here.

Trip type: Travelled with family

Dear Reviewer,

Thanks for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. We are very sorry to hear that your experience in our restaurant was not to the normal standards it should have and what you have previously experienced from past visits.

We hope you were able to raise your concerns directly with our team before departing, however we will ensure your feedback is relayed to them for their review.

We do hope that choose to return in the future, we would be pleased to welcome you back.

Reviewed 16 November 2021 via mobile

We visited for an overnight stay 14 nov. The hotel is amazing, staff are brilliant and rooms are stunning.
We stayed in courtroom 132. Room was huge with great views of the sea. Dinner, well what can i say, it was the best food i have ever had in my life and im 63.
I am a vegie and the choice i had from the menu was fantastic. Spoilt for choice. I have never had as much choice before. It tasted amazing and was good value for money as was the full menu. I so wanted a dessert but couldnt fit it in i was so full with 2 other courses.
I wish i had a bigger belly. Lol. Maybe next time
Highly recommend a visit. Even if it is only for dinner or lunch. We spent time in the spa too. Great pool.
5 star plus to hotel.

Trip type: Travelled with family
Guest Services, Guest Services / Front Office at Seamill Hydro, responded to this reviewResponded 17 November 2021

Hi Zack, thanks for taking the time to leave feedback from your recent visit, we are pleased to hear how much you enjoyed your visit and especially the best food you have ever had! We will be sure to pass this onto the chefs, they will be thrilled to hear this!

We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 14 November 2021

Spent an evening away with my partner at this hotel. To be fair to the hotel, we had booked late. However, I was telephoned and advised on the morning of the day of arrival that the signature suite I had booked and paid for was not available, and an alternative room was the only option. On arrival, the room offer was of very poor quality to the suite I had booked. The furniture was marked, carpets marked and decor poor. The beds were very uncomfortable. That was in marked contrast to the very nice rooms which I know they have having stayed there before. The staff at reception were very helpful, and generally the restaurant and bar staff were excellent. The food is of a really high standard, and matched by great service. It was disappointing for us, as it was only one night and even at the “discounted” price we paid for the room ultimately of 100 it was not worth it. If the hotel brought these other rooms up to standard, then I really couldn’t fault it, however these things happen and mistakes are made, so it wouldn’t prevent us trying the hotel again .

Dear Reviewer,

Thanks for taking the time to leave feedback from your recent visit, we are sorry to hear that you experienced an issue with the room type you had booked and the alternative discounted room was not what you were expecting.

We are pleased however to hear that you still enjoyed aspects of your stay and your kind comments regarding our team and food products will be passed on to our teams.

We are glad to hear you will choose to return and hope to see you again soon!