Hotels.com
Travelocity
eDreams
Orbitz.com
All reviews itison deal sea view jacuzzi bath course dinner lovely hotel an upgrade front facing steak pie an overnight stay first floor lovely view enjoyable stay first class firth of clyde sea front lovely room second to none
Selected filters
Reviewed 21 November 2021 via mobile

Spent a night here mid week and was so disappointed. I had bought an itison voucher but when I made the booking I paid extra to upgrade to a suite. When I arrived the room initially looked nice but it was a bedroom not a suite. The velvet bed frame was disgusting with stains and the mirrored 4 poster could have done with a clean. Given the current Covid situation I would expect any room in any hotel to be absolutely spotless. Also toilet was wobbling and the vanity unit has definitely seen better days and the TV wasn't working due to lack of signal. After speaking with the receptionist I was advised to email the manager. The response was basically well you had a heavily discounted room as you used a voucher. I wonder if I had paid the full price (a mere extra £30) the room would have been brought up to a tolerable standard. I absolutely wouldn't recommend The Brisbane Hotel nor would I ever stay there again.

Room tip: Make sure you check the cleanliness.
Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 20 November 2021

Comfortable bed clean room. Plenty of tea coffee etc. Was one of the standard rooms which was adequate. We had dinner one night we enjoyed, waitress was very friendly and helpful. Breakfast sausage and hash browns not to our taste. We were checked in by a lovely Irish lady who kindly took our case up to the room for us.

Reviewed 20 November 2021 via mobile

What a disappointing afternoon tea....

Coffee was cold.. served sandwiches/ cake scones on a montrosity large wooden shelf like thing. There wee 4 of us at table but we could not see each other .
As for the standard of food extremely poor.

Scones were fresh..not today though... maybe a few days ago,!
Coffee was cold .... even first cup that was pored.
Asked fresh pot again still cold

Won't be back...

14 days after our visit £100 Parking Fine.
As we had not registered our car at reception.

I was Furious.... as signage outside/ inside had different info...

So contacted hotel .. useless..
Submitted an appeal through POPLA .. rejected on the grounds that it is my responsibility to Walk round all the car park and read the signs Imposable I'm Disabled..

HOWEVER parking company sent another letter increasing fine to £170.. ( steam coming out my ears,)

So I was just reading small print on letter It said they are a Member of British Parking associations and abide by their Code of Practice..
Read Code of Practice.. it says
SIGNS MUST BE OUTSIDE CARPARK.. MUST HAVE CLEAR INFORMATION. TERMS AND CONDITIONS. WHAT CHARGES ARE. WHAT HAPPENS IF YOU BEACH T&C AND FONT MUST BE CLEAR..and in a prominent clear position..

So I contacted BPA.. submitted my photos . Reply they have passed my details to parking company.

Less than 14 days later

LETTER ARRIVED

YOUR PARKING CHARGE HAD BEEN CANCELLED .

WHOOOHOOO DELIGHTED.......

Was in Largs last week and Signs outside carpark had been removed.

So if you know someone who has recrived Penelty charge please advise of BPA CODE of Practice
obviously there signs outside were invalid

Pic 1 sign ouside
Pic 2 Invalid sign just inside entrance....

Date of stay: June 2021
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 18 November 2021

Dreadful venue to supply food & customer service. In this hotel the customer is always second. Service is slow and staff, who are poorly trained, are not interested as is their manager. Won't ever be back!

P.S. watch out for the parking as it comes with a fine, threatening letters and abuse if you fail to register on entry to the hotel.

Room tip: Stay away - go elsewhere
Reviewed 15 November 2021

Room 104. Situated at the front of the hotel overlooking the pier.
Restaurant kitchen changed what was written on the menu to what arrived. I didn’t like this. “ I will tell the chef” was what I was told by the Chief waitress.
Breakfast was good.
Cob web on window at front. This should be easy to remove by housekeeping.
It’s a great hotel location but has issues. I would still go back but the standards need to be maintained.

Room tip: Pay the extra for a front facing room.