Breadalbane Arms
  • Pool
Fortingall Hotel(Fortingall)
Fisher's Hotel(Pitlochry)
  • Breakfast included
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 31 October 2017

This hotel has gone seriously down hill since I visited many years ago. The building is in need of some immediate repairs and paint, the rooms are so small it is unbelievable that they can call them doubles, and the stairs to the bedrooms go on and on for ever. I saw elderly residents struggling to get up and down. The breakfast was a disappointment, the bacon and eggs extremely cold and the coffee lukewarm. I felt sorry for the very polite staff as all the faults lie directly with the management. A once proud Inn is now a third-class B&B, not worth the two stars it displays.

Room Tip: cannot recommend any of the rooms unless you like it to be minute
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 24 September 2017

Looks like it's had a some improvements over the past few months; the paint in my room was almost still wet!
Very clean and tidy room and new fittings and fixtures. A bit noisy being single glazed and on the market place, but I always carry earplugs.
From the outside it's looks very tired but hopefully this'll all be part of the makeover.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 18 September 2017 via mobile

Just back from a lovely weekend here! My husband booked it and didn't read the reviews! When I read them I thought what are we going to??? I shouldn't have worried, Alexandra met us on arrival and was so friendly and chatty! Our room was lovely and breakfast was good too!! I think this place has had a bad reputation years ago when it was a pub but now the bar is open only to residents the owners are battling to restore its good name!!

Bedding was comfortable and clean! Still a few changes happening, I think it's had quite an overhaul recently. Great value for money and so central and plenty parking round the back! Will definitely be back!

Reviewed 15 September 2017 via mobile

We stayed for 5 nights, at 48 per night.

Pros:
Good central location - both in terms of Aberfeldy itself and a base from which to visit the rest of Scotland in all directions.
Parking available

Cons:
Bed linen sorely in need of replacing
We had two very flat pillows in each pillow case - bizarre... desperately need new pillows!
Duvet was old and flat
Cleaning was lacklustre and poor - I'm not sure our bathroom was cleaned for the duration of the stay, and the bed was poorly made up.
TV didn't work
Windows let in noise and let out heat
Walls were paper thin - could gear our neighbours TV very clearly (at least theirs worked)
No shower - just shower head (no setting so you could stand) and bath
Bath tap was painfully slow - 45 mins to half fill the bath (at least it was hot)
Towels not replaced for the whole stay
No bin in the bathroom
No closed cupboards or safe

Reviewed 4 September 2017 via mobile

After what was a fantastic day our weekend was then ruined. I do not recommend this hotel. Shower was lucky if it ran 2 drops at a time. No hot water. Tv power box was a fire hazard and could only be on a little at a time. Noisiest pub over the road. But to add to this we had the pleasure of the room next door to a couple who thought it was except able to physically fight each to the point one stabbed the other. Police were in attendance eventually and hotel staff were unreachable on the phone. We were greeted with blood covered doors on our walk to breakfast. In checking out no staff were available. Police took our keys to allow us to vacate this place as fast as we could. Save your money buy a rent the midges will give u a better stay than this place

3  Thank Declan M