“Favourite Thai food”

Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 12 January 2017 via mobile

Weekly local at this Thai restaurant

Quick service and authentic food

Amazing tastes and would and do recommend to anyone who enjoys Asian cuisine

Reviewed 28 November 2016 via mobile

Stayed at the horrific Knock Castle and decided to eat in town. Found this restaurant and we were pleasantly surprised. Good value and fresh food.

Reviewed 8 November 2016 via mobile

Visited this Thai with my husband . We love Thai food and eat out regularly . We started to love Thai food after visiting Thailand in 2006. This place was cold , no atmosphere, music was stuck all the time and we were given tap water instead of fresh water . The fish cakes were ready made frozen and fried and tasted like rubber. The red curry wasn't to write home about either and needless to say we won't return to this place .

Reviewed 2 November 2016 via mobile

Having read the excellent reviews on Trip Advisor I thought I would visit Thai E San Crieff. Unfortunately the visit did not match my expectations.

The server welcomed me as soon as I had climbed the stairs and was attentive throughout.

I liked the decor. It felt like eating in someone's house which could probably do with a bit of updating but is comfortable just as it is.

Unfortunately the food did not live up to my expectations. Having read the previous reviews I expected my meal to be delicious but it was distinctly average.

I had a soup starter with prawns in it which was ok. It did however lack any any depth of flavour and the prawns themselves were tasteless.

I then had a red chicken curry. This came more in the form of a soup than a curry and was really quite oily.

Certainly not the best Thai meal I have ever had.

I do feel slightly guilty writing this review as the service in the restaurant was excellent.

Reviewed 27 October 2016

Me, my wife and 12-year old son chose the Thai E San after reading reviews on Trip Advisor and we're delighted that we did. As mentioned in previous reviews the restaurant entrance is up some stairs off the Main Street. We received a warm welcome with excellent service. We ordered a Thai green curr,y, a spicy Thai prawn dish with coconut rice and egg noodles. What we received was easily up with the best Thai food I've ever tasted, bursting with flavour and unafraid to use chilli where the menu said it would be used. The separation of flavours was fantastic and nev was there a moment where the chilli in the dishes became an overbearing feature

1  Thank Steve R