“2 1/2 star typical small town Chinese restaurant”
Review of China Fun Buffett

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
China Fun Buffett
Ranked #18 of 36 Restaurants in Madisonville
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed 15 April 2015

I like the food sold in small town Chinese restaurants actually. I go here occasionally for lunch and get the buffet. I just make sure I go early when they are keeping the dishes hot and well-supplied.
The hot and sour soup is actually very good. The assortment of egg rolls and wontons are pretty good as well. No wontons or other more expensive items are available. The sushi is pretty awful and I don't come for it (or the desserts). Then I go for the chicken hot dishes as they are much better than the beef and pork which are pretty tough. But for $8 including tax and all you can eat, I can fill up on what I do like.I don't know what the dinner meals are like. It seems clean and I like the young woman waiting tables. Yes, they yell back and forth and could use some customer service training (for example, don't yell down the tables for your drink order), but all in all not bad for a TN small town in a strip mall.

Reviewed 3 December 2014

Good food at reasonable price. Two steam tables plus sushi bar and desert bar. We eat there often, my son and I. His wife does not care for Chinese food.

Reviewed 15 July 2014

A lot of loud shouting between staff. Yelling to each other from kitchen to dining room. That was very annoying. Buffet was very large several items had been there for a long time but overall the food tasted very good, better than it looked.

Reviewed 7 July 2013

We had stopped here around 2:00 on a Saturday and there was out! The rice was gone we had to ask for more. There was maybe two spoons full of food in every container. Nothing much to choose from at all. Everything was covered w a plastic lid to help keep the food hot which is horrible bc it almost burns your hands taking them off and replacing them. The staff is very unfriendly and doesnt check on you to see if you need anything. Not to mention later in the day my kids and I all got sick. I would noy recommend this place to anyone.

Reviewed 21 June 2013

This is the worse place to eat and the poorest customer service ..the old man is very rude I called in a order and went in to pick it up come to find out they had my order wrong ...I told him and he was not very understanding at all I told him I didn't call in orange chicken ...that I wanted what I called in he said ok that he would change well got home and it was orange chicken nasty stuff...threw it in the trash.