Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 6 June 2018 via mobile

Visited with my girlfriend for a night's stay and we must say we were very impressed. The scenery was exquisite and the hosts Nat and Gray were extremely helpful and lovely. Its the perfect home and perfect location to unwind and have a walk, we will definitely visit again.

Thank you for your Hospitality.

Date of stay: June 2018
Reviewed 13 February 2018 via mobile

I chose this accommodation after reading some lovely reviews and researching the local area for its countryside and mountains.

I hoped it would hit the big three, quality, comfort and hospitality, and I can say it surpassed all expectations!

The accommodation is homely, spacious and immaculate. The bed comfortable and after a hard day in the hills the shower and bath were perfect, with the bath being big enough to house a small yacht!

The location is exceptional and walking in and around accommodates beginners to advanced abilities. Access is on the doorstep with several Munro’s in the vicinity.

The owners are extremely friendly and the service second to none.

The breakfasts were perfect, with the star of the show being the evening meals, do not be deceived by the simplicity of the menu, it is superb, and excellent value, accompanied with a superb wine every night.

They made our stay even more perfect by accepting our dog to stay and have an easily accessible area for those middle of the night doggy needs.

I can honestly say after 30 years of travelling the world and staying a wide variety of accommodation, this is my number one B&B, and I will definitely be returning.

Try it out, if you like a warm welcome, excellent food, and a beautiful home away from home in stunning surroundings, you will not be disappointed.

Date of stay: February 2018
Reviewed 4 November 2017 via mobile

The Rural Retreat met and exceeded expectations.
Gray's welcome was warm as he showed us into the guests lounge. A hot cup of tea was greatly appreciated whilst he explained about how to order breakfast and walked through the Rural Retreats facilities.
The room and en suite were very new, modern and very clean.
Gray was a great host and we are already thinking about returning next spring for a long weekend.
Great B&B

Date of stay: November 2017
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Christine R
Reviewed 3 July 2017

We stayed in the King Suite for 1 night over the weekend. We were attending an event in Creiff so requested early check in, and we were graciously allowed this at no extra cost. There were also difficulties on our part when it came to payment (prior to arrival) and the owners were very understanding. We were greeted very warmly, given a tour of the house and made to feel very welcome. The room was absolutely lovely; very big with a balcony, sofa bed and double bed, as well as a TV with DVD facilities. There were also amenities such as gowns, towels and tea/coffee. We did not need for anything. If we desired breakfast in the morning we were to leave a check list on the table and this would be ready for us in the morning, this was also very reasonably priced. The house was beautiful and the bathrooms were amazing. Everything was spotless. Also there was a dog in the closed part of the house, which was very nice :)

The only thing I would say negatively is that our room didn't have a lock. I understand there are more rooms in the house but that is definitely something I would have prepared. Also the mattress was very soft, and this is not what I am used to however we did sleep really well.

Would 100% stay again, loved it.

Room tip: Beautiful views in the King Suite, plus a balcony.
Date of stay: July 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Amy G
Reviewed 4 June 2017 via mobile

My husband booked a room for a night away to relax. I was 8 months pregnant at the time.
On showing me the hotel it appeared as though the room he had booked did not have an ensuite bathroom.
We checked and were advised the bathroom for the room was private but located on a different floor away from the room. This was not stipulated in the description of the room, despite other rooms being described as having a shared bathroom.
Due to morning sickness and other pregnancy woes I didn't feel it was appropriate for me to stay with no en suite as this would impair my privacy and comfort.
We attempted to make contact with the hotel to ask that they cancel our booking due to the room not being described properly. However they refused to talk to us through Booking.com. I also sent them several emails and called them several times however received no response over the course of 4 days.

The hotel eventually got back to us on the morning of our arranged stay (3 hours before check in) to advise they would not refund our payment, but would offer me the use of a shared bathroom which was next to my room and also that there would be no other guests on my floor (I assume as no one had booked them by this point). Sadly as they didn't no respond in a reasonable amount of time my husband and I had already booked a stay elsewhere.

It's a shame as the hotel looks lovely and I would have loved to stay here, however the customer service we received was deplorable. Furthermore if a rooms bather on is situated on another floor this should be clearly stipulated in the rooms description as it is otherwise misleading.

Date of stay: March 2017