Lowest prices for your stay
US$99
PricelineUS$99
eDreamsUS$99
CheapTicketsUS$103
1,093 results
All reviews loch earn dog owners dining room public areas the main hotel first class short break stunning location smoked salmon relaxing break night break chalet bistro beatles walks scotland susan
Selected filters
Reviewed 11 July 2021 via mobile

We visited the hotel for dinner last night and from start to finish we were both so impressed and happy with our dining experience.

Myself and my friend brought both our dogs, all four of us received such a warm welcome from all the staff and the dogs even got some treats!

Our waiter was so so friendly and chatty, he really made our dining experience that bit more enjoyable!

We are both vegetarians and after eating in the hotel along the road (Achray House) where we are staying which had such disappointing, plain and unimaginative vegetarian options (one of which was literally a bowl of lentils) we were so relieved and impressed with the Four Seasons high standards. It was all so tasty, full of flavour and made with attention to detail!

We would highly recommend coming here for dinner and we now would definitely come back here to stay!

Date of stay: July 2021
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Susan Stuart, Owner at The Four Seasons, Hotel & Little Larder, responded to this reviewResponded 11 July 2021

Thank you for your kind words, they are appreciated and will be fed back to the team. We are working very hard to create a menu that caters for all and I am delighted to hear that Jay looked after you so well.

We will look forward to welcoming all of you back again.

Reviewed 9 July 2021

Wow, what an experience - and not the good kind! I would seriously recommend avoiding this place at all costs.

My partner and I were staying down the road at Achray House (lovely place), however, we decided to have a change of scenery and have dinner at The Four Seasons.

Firstly (and probably the only positive in this review), the views of the loch from the dining room are beautiful.

Secondly, don't be fooled by the loch-side views, or clean-cut website - the place is quite simply a dump. Details below...

Upon entering the building we were quickly greeted by a woman who showed us our table (we later learnt she worked on reception for the hotel). We entered the dining room which is best described as a rundown hotel conference room - dirty, exposed radiator pipes, carpeted and falling apart furniture. We were shown to our table, which was in a prime location in front of the window, only for the receptionist to say "oh, this table has been walking" to which she then pulled half the table behind a wall totally blocking my view of the loch! Nevertheless, we put this down to distance related policy in the COVID world we live in. That said, our table cloth had newly created stains on it so I am unsure how COVID safe the place really was.

Shortly after being seated, we were approached by the waiter - a young guy who looked like he was heading straight out onto the town after work without a change of clothes. When paying £19 for a chicken burger, the last thing we expected was to be served by a guy wearing a Hugo Boss polo shirt and Nike branded face mask (we have no issues with face masks, we were just taken aback by the large Nike tick logo in a very proud 'Rosette' restaurant). The chap asked what we would like to drink, to which my partner asked for a drinks menu - oddly this took our waiter by surprise and he looked at us as if the request was a huge inconvenience.

Shortly after ordering, we heard a couple behind us complaining about the length of time it took for their food to which the same waiter apologised and blamed it on there only being one chef in the kitchen.

Our drinks arrived - a glass of wine, and a Diet Coke accompanied with the can but with no ice. I would expect a can on the table in a cheap cafe - not a proud Rosette restaurant - this was a major red flag.

Shortly after our drinks arrived, our starters were served to us. I opted for the Wild Garlic Mushrooms with toasted sourdough, aged parmesan and mushroom ketchup (£8.00). My other half opted for the House Cured Salmon served with avocado puree, wasabi mayo and puffed rice (£9.00). The portions were small for the price of them and neither of them had much taste. After hearing yet another complaint during our starters, we also made feelings known about our starters - thankfully they were removed from our bill, however, we weren't told that this would be the case so we were felt feeling a little awkward when we noticed they weren't on the bill. Had they been forgotten and we were going to be humiliated in front of everyone when walking out for not paying for our starters, or had they been removed from the bill as a gesture of goodwill? To this day, we are unsure but we are hoping for the latter!

Between our starters being taken away and our mains arriving, we heard yet another two complaints from neighbouring tables, however, we ignored them as we were excited for our Rosette-standard Katsu Chicken Thigh Burgers (£19.00 each). They arrived - no salad or greenery of any sort. Simply a chicken burger and oven chips that had been thrown in a fryer. The food was Wetherspoon quality (which isn't such a bad thing) - but for £19.00 I was disgusted.

The bill came, we paid, and we departed as quickly as we could.

Awful experience and will never return.

(Visited 5th July 2021)

Date of stay: July 2021
2  Thank samueljamesl
Susan Stuart, Owner at The Four Seasons, Hotel & Little Larder, responded to this reviewResponded 12 July 2021

Many thanks for taking the time to provide us with your thoughts on your experience at Seasons View. Every comment and opinion is always useful.

As owner, I do like to meet as many of our guests as possible, so I am glad that on your arrival, I had the opportunity to meet you and take you to your table. I must however apologise if there was a stain on the cloth - if I had seen it, I certainly would have taken you to another table.

Under the current C19 protocols, for which we were recently inspected and passed with flying colours, we have made a decision to maintain 2m distancing between tables in Seasons View. Our large spacious and airy restaurant lends itself to current guidelines and protocols unlike many other eateries. We are very lucky to have such space and it would be foolish not to take advantage of it.

Our frustrations with C19 guidelines is that compromises have had to be made, and in our case, sometimes the best views have had to be sacrificed.

Similarly, we have limited the number of menus/lists that we provide as this increases risk and we have limited our staffing levels, again to reduce contact points and minimise risk. All of these decisions are contrary to hospitality best practice but are decisions we have made to suit our business model and for which I make no apologies.

Equally, I have no qualms in providing a chilled Pepsi can which allows for you to replenish your drink at your own speed and allows you to maintain your beverage at a chilled temperature undiluted.

Picking up on your comments on your meal, I do remember that on clearing your starters, you indicated to me that the "mushroom ketchup was not to your taste" which was disappointing. It is equally disappointing that guests don’t recognise hand cut chips when they are provided. Certainly, the provision of frozen chips would make life in our kitchen much simpler! Our chicken dish, called a “burger” and priced at £14, resembles a burger as it is in a bun and comprises of two chicken thighs. It does not pretend to be anything else.

Under C19 restraints we have selected to merge our rosette menu with our daytime menu. This is in response to public demand and makes it more accessible to all. In so doing, not all dishes would be recognised as of rosette standard. Our menu has changed this week so there is now the introduction of Venison fillet with beetroot, raspberries, chocolate, pesto and chicory as well as duck beast and trout, all for which we are only receiving positive feedback, so I am confident that we have got it right.

Kind regards, Susan

Reviewed 11 June 2021 via mobile

The food was delicious and some dishes were very innovative, particularly the starters. We particularly enjoyed the chicken parfait and the home cured salmon.
Reasonable prices and very friendly staff.
The location is also great, with exquisite views out across Loch Earn.

Room tip: Plenty of parking, although if you are in a motorhome, you may wish to park in a lay-by opposite.
Date of stay: May 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Susan Stuart, Owner at The Four Seasons, Hotel & Little Larder, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2021

So glad you enjoyed your stay with us and that you particularly enjoyed our chef's creations. He is certainly enjoying making them!

Will look forward to welcoming you back again.

Reviewed 7 June 2021 via mobile

This is a fabulous wee hotel. The owner, Susan, and the team are all very friendly and welcoming.

The location is without doubt the hotels selling point but is backed up by an exquisite menu in a beautifully decorated restaurant. There are outside seating areas, a separate bar.

I look forward to returning.

Date of stay: June 2021
Trip type: Travelled solo
Susan Stuart, Owner at The Four Seasons, Hotel & Little Larder, responded to this reviewResponded 12 June 2021

Tammy, I'm so glad you enjoyed your recent stay with us and it is good to know we have got the menu "right" - will certainly feed back to the team.

Looking forward to welcoming you back again.

Reviewed 2 June 2021

This is a modest establishment, but it's humble persona only reflects it's owner and staff's personality. It's a perfectly located hotel with beautifully clean rooms, a Scottish character, fabulous food and stunning location. There's almost a hint of 'dont tell anyone about St Fillans', so that its charm wont be lost by tourists in their droves. Highest reccommendation from me.

Room tip: Have cabins, but ask for a loch view.
Date of stay: May 2021
Susan Stuart, Owner at The Four Seasons, Hotel & Little Larder, responded to this reviewResponded 5 June 2021

Thank you so much for taking the time to provide us with such lovely feedback. I will certainly pass on to the staff and we will look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel later in the year.

Kind regards, Sue