“Sorry to those offended”

Moriston Restaurant
Price range: US$72 - US$72
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 18 July 2017

I went there as a challenge as I had seen two different sets of reviews Brilliant and Poor not much in the middle. Apologies to the young lady I criticized for her harsh comments prior to visiting.

She was spot on a lacklustre started of salmon and my medium steak was awful, the Potato Roti with her chicken and haggis rotiated round her guts for a whole night before reappearing.
Staff were really nice but something is not good in the kitchen, may be one Chef is good and the other should go back to MacDonalds.
In short Scotland offers some great produce but if you truly want to taste it at its best then The Moriston has a long way to go to get consistency I will not be back until the reviews polarise towards the Excellent

Reviewed 16 July 2017

Perfect assortment of somewhat unusual foods highlighting the local fare, such as wild mushroom crostini, venison casserole in a juniper/wine reduction, pea soup, and a wild berry shortbread sundae with "luxury" vanilla ice cream. Make sure you make reservations ahead of time, as this is the only game in town. Great selection of beers on tap as well.

Reviewed 7 July 2017

We ate here while staying at Craik Na Dav B&B on our walk through the Great Glen. It is a 5 minute walk from the B&B. The food, wine and service was excellent. Very nice dining room. Do make a reservation. I would definitely eat here again.

Reviewed 6 July 2017

Located within a quaint and traditional pub, this restaurant offers both pub meals and restaurant meals, which are all very good. This is a great spot for a large meal, a small lunch or a quick pint.

Reviewed 27 June 2017 via mobile

I hate wasting money on poor food, me and my girlfriend went out for an evening meal and I have to say the starters were amazing but the mains were appalling! Wasted £45 and felt utterly disappointed! The chips were like rocks and inedible, the burger was honestly foul just looking at it could give you food poising but after eating less than half my girlfriend could feel her belly disagreeing . When we informed the lady at the bar, as the waitress did not ask how the food was maybe she's used to people leaving full plates, her reaction was actually non existent she ignored what I said and walked away and someone else took our payment. What poor service and just a complete let down, won't be seeing us there again even if the smoked salmon starter was divine .

2  Thank Charlotte L