“Great soups for lunch”

Add it.
Anta Factory Shop and Tearoom
Ranked #1 of 1 Coffee & Tea in Tain
Reviewed 24 January 2017

I have had several lunches at Anta pottery and am impressed by the home made soups and oatcakes. Whooly recommended. Mind your wallet though as the rather fantastic stoneware and soft furnishings are not at all cheap and you're likely to spend a lot! A wonderful place to spend sometime browsing and having a pleasant lunch.

Reviewed 3 January 2017

popped in today for lunch to be met with "no soup, its finished", so on offer was Ploughmans Lunch or cakes, opted for Ploughmans as a semi healthy option. At £6 thought it would be small but don't mind as it was after all lunch. What did you serve me, oatcakes & cheese, is this what you call a Ploughmans lunch, not one little bit impressed. Spent £22.50 on food which was a big waste of money. As for your sale, £24 for a mug which tbh isn't anything spectacular at all, the decoration is nice but that's it. In honesty I'll not hurry back. Overpriced & overrated

(A ploughman's lunch is cold meal which consists of cheese, pickle, and bread. Additional items such as boiled eggs, ham, and pickled onions may be added)

You obviously ran out of Ploughmans today so why not be honest & say "we can offer you oatcakes & cheese"

1  Thank highlandadventurer34
Reviewed 7 August 2016

We were travelling round the Highlands and as a big fan of the George Street Anta shop in Edinburgh, I was so looking forward to visiting the factory shop.
We arrived at 1.50pm and upon opening the door were swiftly told they were shutting at 2pm and ushered ( a polite way of putting it) back outside . There was a sign on the door saying the cafe was closing at 1.30pm nothing in regards to the shop.
Having returned home and read my Anta email, I now see why we were treated as such, I just wonder did Prince Charles spend any money, people like me are your bread and butter, I will now look at how I shop with Anta in future.
The whole manner in which we were treated was appalling and so unlike the Edinburgh store, however I do feel this has tainted the way I now see the Anta brand.

7  Thank Liz W
Reviewed 28 July 2016

No service, staff unfriendly did not offer to help,the girl just pushed past. Staff didn't seem to care. The Glasgow staff welcomed us, asked if we needed help & were lovely. The shop smelt of stale food (we think it was turnip), which put us off eating anything. Total flop!!

4  Thank Claire M
Reviewed 20 July 2016

We exited the busy A9 and wound through some very country roads to visit ANTA on the recommendation of some Scottish friends. We expected pottery and other local crafts. Instead, we found a medium sized show room that contained furniture, rugs, and quite literally - carpet bags. There is a small lunch-type counter but we didn't eat there.

What we saw was not worth recommending to anyone unless they are in the market for the items ANTA sells.

1  Thank Craig A