2,289 results
All reviews leisure facilities two fat ladies golf course steam room leisure club deluxe room spa treatments an upgrade afternoon tea sea view bar area lovely hotel short break birthday treat relaxing break first class evening meal
Reviewed 26 March 2015

Stayed one night on the 21/3/15 a few minor things I would complain about in our room but overall a lovely stay.staff were all very nice and helpfull and breakfast was nice.great place for coastal walking

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank ann_lesrund
TheHotelCollection, General Manager at The Marine Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 March 2015

Dear ann_lesrund,

I am pleased to read that despite a couple of niggles with your room that you had a pleasant stay here with us at the Marine Hotel. Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review.

We do hope to welcome you back next time you are visiting Troon.

Warm regards

Reviewed 25 March 2015

Nice hotel with good food and service. Spoilt by a loud English louts foul language while drinking at the bar. Handy for walks into town or along the sea front. Quiet although we stayed mid week. Entertainment on at weekends.

Room tip: Room 216 overlooking the Royal Troon 18th hole and on the the Clyde and hills of Arran
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
TheHotelCollection, General Manager at The Marine Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 March 2015

Dear brian s,

I am pleased that overall you enjoyed your stay here at the Marine Hotel in particular your dining experience and the customer service you received. I am sorry to learn that other guests spoilt the atmosphere for you on this occasion.

We do hope to welcome you back in the near future

Kindest regards

Reviewed 24 March 2015 via mobile

This hotel is amazing, amazing food, amazing service would definetely recommend and come back! And their prices are so low and you get so much more, had an amazing experience here! And honestly can't thank the staff enough for the amazing time I've had here

Trip type: Travelled on business

Dear Keiran B,

Thank you for taking the time to write a lovely review for the Marine Hotel in Troon.

I am pleased to hear you had an amazing time whilst staying with us and that everything was to your expectation.

Your compliments will be passed on to our staff members as I am sure they will be happy with your feedback.

We look forward to welcoming you back for another enjoyable stay in the near future.

Kind Regards

Reviewed 23 March 2015 via mobile

We stayed here as part of a deal which was great value for money. The hotel is great location and spectacular views. Staff were good too. The pillows on the first night were too hard and prevented sleep but this is preference and staff were quick to switch them with no problems. Food in hotel was superb on the evening but the afternoon tea was the worst I have ever had. Very little filling in the sandwiches and formed ham which I would not have expected. Small touches such as not removing all crusts kind if spoilt the experience too. The cakes were also disappointing and scones seemed prepacked. I was very disappointed given the high standard of food the night before. I would stay at hotel again but would avoid the afternoon tea if I were too book again.

Date of stay: March 2015
Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear Smalls1986,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review.

I am very pleased to read you had an enjoyable stay with us and found us great value for money. I am glad we were able to change your pillows as we will always try our best to accommodate any request.

It is disappointing to read your feedback regarding your afternoon tea. I do hope that you spoke with a member of staff whilst staying with us as we would have been happy to try and rectify any issues you may have had.

I do hope to welcome you back again in the near future.

Kind Regards

Reviewed 18 March 2015

Lovely hotel with spectacular views. Staff very friendly and servcie is top notch. Rooms are very clean and although bed was slightly too firm for my liking this was a personnal view. Bar food was excellent and very good value for money. Would definately recommend a stay here, even if you dont play golf. Unfortunately I did not have enough time to use the pool and spa facilities but next time I visit I will.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
TheHotelCollection, General Manager at The Marine Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 March 2015

Dear kimbo999,

I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay at the Marine Hotel and thank you for the review.

It is nice to hear that you enjoyed the food and I do hope to welcome you back again for another visit very soon.

Kind regards