“Definitely not 4 star bedrooms.”
Review of The Marine Hotel

The Marine Hotel
Ranked #5 of 6 Hotels in Troon
Reviewed 28 March 2015

Stayed for 1 night on the 26th,
When we arrived we were given room 35 which was very dark as the view from the window was a brick wall. We asked for an alternative room was advised that there wasn't but they could upgrade us to a deluxe room for an extra £30 we agreed and were given room 314. It was a lovely big corner room but it was not a double it was 2 single beds put together (not comfortable) there was 1 socket in the room at the dressing table but there was no mirror there, the mirror was on the back of the bathroom door which was at the other side of the room. Windows were old and in need of repair and there was an inch gap at the bottom of the door so could hear everyone out in the corridor quite clearly.
In the bar lounge a lot of the chairs were needing recovered.
On the plus side the food at the 2 fat ladies was delicious. The leisure facilities were great a lovely big pool with sauna steam room and jacuzzi. My husband and I both had a massage which was lovely and the staff were really nice. We did mention our concerns re the bedroom however they just smiled and apologised which was disappointing they weren't really interested or took note of our concerns. Considering we had paid for an upgrade and were happy to do so I definitely don't agree that the rooms are 4 star only the facilities.

Stayed: March 2015, travelled as a couple
TheHotelCollection, General Manager at The Marine Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 March 2015

Dear Fee1405,

I am sorry to read that you were unimpressed with your rooms on this occasion. Your feedback has been read carefully and discussed with my maintenance manager. It is great however to read that you enjoyed the leisure facilities, your beauty treatments and also your evening meal.

Thank you for leaving us a review. We hope to see you again soon.

Kind regards

Andrew Deighan

Write a ReviewReviews (2,151)

Reviewed 26 March 2015

Stayed one night on the 21/3/15 a few minor things I would complain about in our room but overall a lovely stay.staff were all very nice and helpfull and breakfast was nice.great place for coastal walking

• Stayed: March 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ann_lesrund

Dear ann_lesrund,

I am pleased to read that despite a couple of niggles with your room that you had a pleasant stay here with us at the Marine Hotel. Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review.

We do hope to welcome you back next time you are visiting Troon.

Warm regards

Reviewed 25 March 2015

Nice hotel with good food and service. Spoilt by a loud English louts foul language while drinking at the bar. Handy for walks into town or along the sea front. Quiet although we stayed mid week. Entertainment on at weekends.

Room Tip: Room 216 overlooking the Royal Troon 18th hole and on the the Clyde and hills of Arran
  • Stayed: March 2015, travelled as a couple
TheHotelCollection, General Manager at The Marine Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 March 2015

Dear brian s,

I am pleased that overall you enjoyed your stay here at the Marine Hotel in particular your dining experience and the customer service you received. I am sorry to learn that other guests spoilt the atmosphere for you on this occasion.

We do hope to welcome you back in the near future

Kindest regards

Reviewed 24 March 2015 via mobile

This hotel is amazing, amazing food, amazing service would definetely recommend and come back! And their prices are so low and you get so much more, had an amazing experience here! And honestly can't thank the staff enough for the amazing time I've had here

Stayed: March 2015, travelled on business

Dear Keiran B,

Thank you for taking the time to write a lovely review for the Marine Hotel in Troon.

I am pleased to hear you had an amazing time whilst staying with us and that everything was to your expectation.

Your compliments will be passed on to our staff members as I am sure they will be happy with your feedback.

We look forward to welcoming you back for another enjoyable stay in the near future.

Kind Regards

Reviewed 23 March 2015 via mobile

We stayed here as part of a deal which was great value for money. The hotel is great location and spectacular views. Staff were good too. The pillows on the first night were too hard and prevented sleep but this is preference and staff were quick to switch them with no problems. Food in hotel was superb on the evening but the afternoon tea was the worst I have ever had. Very little filling in the sandwiches and formed ham which I would not have expected. Small touches such as not removing all crusts kind if spoilt the experience too. The cakes were also disappointing and scones seemed prepacked. I was very disappointed given the high standard of food the night before. I would stay at hotel again but would avoid the afternoon tea if I were too book again.

Stayed: March 2015, travelled as a couple

Dear Smalls1986,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review.

I am very pleased to read you had an enjoyable stay with us and found us great value for money. I am glad we were able to change your pillows as we will always try our best to accommodate any request.

It is disappointing to read your feedback regarding your afternoon tea. I do hope that you spoke with a member of staff whilst staying with us as we would have been happy to try and rectify any issues you may have had.

I do hope to welcome you back again in the near future.

Kind Regards

Andrew Deighan

Also consider these accommodations in or near Troon
0.3 km away
2.7 km away
Old Loans Inn
Old Loans Inn
#3 of 6 in Troon

Been to The Marine Hotel? Share your experiences!