Free cancellation until 27/07
US$109
US$108
US$93
Savings alert! 15% below average rates

The price you found is 15% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$109/night.

Free cancellation until 28/07
US$143
TripAdvisor
TripAdvisor
2,231 results
All reviewsleisure facilitiestwo fat ladiesgolf coursesteam roomdeluxe roomleisure clubspa treatmentsan upgradeafternoon teasea viewbar areabirthday treatrelaxing breaklovely hotelshort breakfirst classfantastic views
Reviewed 7 December 2017 via mobile

Stayed at Marine Hotel on Business trip. Disappointed to find no heating in the room when checking in at 4 pm. Had to wait for radiators to warm up.

Electric heater was provided but quite ineffective.

Radiator heating was also turned off at night. Fortunately there was adequate bedding.

Another more serious issue was the shower suddenly turning very hot. I mean scalding ! Fortunately I was not injured, however, did not get the impression that the incident was taken seriously when reported on checking out.

Nice menu and meal in the restaurant.

Would only reconsider a stay at the Marine Hotel during the summer months

Stayed: December 2017, travelled on business
4  Thank BangsarExpat6
Colin R, General Manager at The Marine Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 December 2017

Many thanks for your comments.

I am sorry we did not fully meet the standards you expected in your response. Please accept our sincere apology for any inconvenience you may have experienced.

We take great pride in ensuring our guest’s satisfaction and we seldom have issues with scalding water, although, have had a problem with having no water on a busy weekend when a boiler failed.

I will investigate this further and look to see how we can deal with these appropriately.

Many thanks for taking the time to give us the feedback.
Best wishes

Reviewed 6 December 2017

I was a bit nervous about staying here after reading some negative reviews however my husband and I really enjoyed our break here. We had dinner, bed and breakfast with a spa treatment each and the whole experience was very relaxing. We found the staff friendly and welcoming and the spa treatments excellent. Our room was nice and clean with nice views. The dinner was also lovely. The hotel in general could use a few upgrades here and there however this is expected in an older hotel and didn't affect our experience at all. I think a lot of the negative reviews are a little over the top to be honest and you'd be hard pushed not to find something wrong with any hotel you stay at. The setting and views are exceptional here and really add to the relaxing experience.

I would stay here again and I would recommend to others.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Lucy Q
Reviewed 4 December 2017

We were given this overnight stay as a present, so we arrived on a bleak, cold November day.around lunch time. Were given the keys to our room straight away. Room a bit dated but nice views over the golf course to the sea and it was clean and warm.. Down for lunch which we enjoyed. Lovely cauliflower soup and sandwiches, all served by a friendly member of staff. A brisk walk into town (around 20 min each way but there are buses) Then back to get ready for dinner.
Dinner was a delight. The menu was tempting and everything sounded great. We opted to pay the supplement and my husband had fillet steak, I had the sirloin with all the trimmings. Cooked to perfection. Starter and sweet great too. Nice choice of wines too. Staff very attentive and friendly. Bed very comfortable, so we had a great sleep.
Breakfast was good, if a bit fiddly. Other than cooked eggs, everything is self service.
Get your own tea,toast,cereals,fruit salads etc. But the staff are very helpful and would have got our teas and made our toast for us. We enjoyed our stay and will definitely return again.

Room Tip: Ask for a sea view
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Janet M
Colin R, General Manager at The Marine Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 December 2017

Dear Janet,

Many thanks for your comments, just a pity we cannot do anything about the cold weather, but, so long as it stays dry its still nice to enjoy a brisk walk along the sea.

Look forward to seeing you again.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 25 November 2017

My wife and I stayed overnight with a 3 course meal. Our room was clean,tidy and comfortable. The hotel has great views onto Royal Troon and has all the associated memorabilia in the bar and through the hotel. The spa and pool were very good as well. The meal was great, would highly recommend the blade of beef. Breakfast in morning was buffet style and was good.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
3  Thank David F
Reviewed 21 November 2017 via mobile

My husband and I spent a weekend in This Hotel recently which was a complete disaster. We were quite shocked as we have stayed here several times before. Some of the staff were inattentive especially at breakfast on our 1st morning as we were shown to our table then no one looked near us again. The food tins were mostly empty and there were a lot of people waiting in a queue for a while.

We came back on the Saturday late afternoon and were told we were too later for our cream tea that was included in our stay and were told on arrival we could have anytime during our stay. The duty manager kindly intervened and said what do you mean you were refused, it’s only a scone and a cup of tea. He then told the member of staff in question.
The sink in our en-suite would not hold the water so my husband took the part out to see what the problem was. It was filled with hair gunk and mould. It’s still didn’t work so we reported it to reception on the Saturday morning. We returned to our room early evening to find it still wasn’t fixed. When we asked why it wasn’t fixed. The girl on reception said it was to difficult to fix which was rubbish as no one had been near it.

The second morning a waitress named Kaye showed us to our table. She was lovely and explained about the buffet and said we could order poached or fried eggs. A complete change from the morning before. There were no glasses left for juice and the tray was never refilled as long as we were in. The gentleman across from us asked for a glass and was still waiting when we left.
I emailed the hotel direct a couple of weeks ago to give them a chance to comment but got no response.
I can’t believe this Hotel has went down hill so fast.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Val A
Colin R, General Manager at The Marine Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 November 2017

Dear Val,

Very sorry for not responding to your email and regret your stay was not to your liking. I can assure you it is not through lack of effort & whilst we do not condone the lack of service or quality at breakfast.

Many thanks for sharing your comments.

Kind regards,