“Handy stop”

Ranked #2 of 2 Restaurants in Ardvasar
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 9 August 2018 via mobile

Very handy place to stop for a drink after walking on the peninsula. There is parking to the rear but also possible to park further down the brae and walk back. Service was prompt and a good selection of local ale.

Reviewed 3 August 2018

We ate here twice while staying at Morar B&B since we could talk to it. We weren't expecting, nor did we need, anything fancy, just a meal. We had good food and attentive service and it felt like a local place. Perfect for three adults and two kids. I think just keep your expectations in check and you won't be disappointed. Solid place to eat!

MikeHeg, Manager at Ardvasar Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2018

Megan, Thank you for your review. Always good to hear positive feedback. Many of our guests think the same as you and as such we provide the menu we have. For others we offer specials of the day and have listened to other people and are increasing our menu options.
We hope you enjoyed your stay on Skye and hope to see you again.

Reviewed 2 August 2018

On arrival there was no hot water so we couldn't take a shower. The hot water returned at 1 o clock in the morning. The menu for the evening meal was the worst we'd ever seen, ok if you like burgers.

1  Thank ksmith542018

Mr Smith

I am sorry for the lack of hot water. Due to a faulty meter we ran out of heating oil and had to source some locally which took us a little time. Luckily we were able to ensure hot water for the morning.
As for the menu, we have listened to the criticism over the past few weeks and have revised our menu.
I thank you for your input.

Reviewed 27 July 2018

Visited for dinner for convenience seemed nice and clean and promising. Menu limited to mostly burgers, I prefer smallish choice menu as this was, as usually fresher and healthier but this was really junk type food.
Only healthy option was feta olive salad but it was tasteless cows feta not the more delicious ewes milk version which is the best.

Burgers were white rolls made of wheat could have been nicer gluten free or sourdough. Chips again frozen type could have been baked or even better baked sweet potatoes
Service was quick and efficient but some staff seemed a little frosty.

Cruella

Thank you for your review.
There is not much demand for gluten free or sourdough bread rolls for the burgers and therefore prefer to go with the majority.
Our burgers are handmade to our chefs own recipe and we use the venison from our own estate. We like to think of them as being a little more than junk food.

Reviewed 21 July 2018 via mobile

We decided to have the most expensive meal in the place and although it was good I didn't feel I had value for money.
The lobster looked undersized to me, the tempura shrimp was alright, only two oysters (I felt there should have been more).
The selection of sauces were fine however I was surprised that it came with chips.
The bedding salad was excellent with their homemade vinaigrette.
I guess I was underwhelmed with the food however the staff were great.
Would I go back, probably but would not purchase the seafood deal.

Glenn
Thank you for your review.
We are glad you enjoyed the seafood platter you ordered.
We also felt the Lobster was a bit on the small size and have spoken to our supplier about this.
The price we charge however is dictated by the cost.
We hope you return soon.