FindHotel
Etrip
Trip.com
StayForLong
Hotels.com
All reviews log cabin bottled ales excellent dinner hotel restaurant self catering sunday lunch good nights sleep night's sleep single room warm welcome comfortable stay an evening meal both nights waiting staff pudding cooked breakfast fiona
Selected filters
Reviewed 30 October 2021

We went for an evening meal, first time with the new owners. The menu was quite small and simple. The food came out and was hot, plentiful and very good. The staff were busy, but were very attentive. Whisky bar is lovely, a great place to spend an evening. Great local place to go for a meal and would recommend.

Date of stay: October 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 October 2021

I spent last night at the Braemar Lodge Hotel and found the staff extremely friendly and helpful. The food was superp - freshly produced and full of flavour. They have an amazing choice of whisky too!

Date of stay: October 2021
2  Thank C3791HMmikef
Reviewed 12 October 2021

Met with Malcolm on his first day of ownership. Quickly able to arrange long term accommodation for myself and some of the team during the 5 month term we needed. Hotel is tremendous inside!! a proper Scottish feel to it. Very accommodating and the food is excellent the chef even sends you out with a packed lunch if you ask for. Was even given the treat of the honeymoon suite during my stay.
The fire was perfect for the cold winter nights.

Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank Ronnie M
Reviewed 27 September 2021

Stayed at the hotel this weekend, returning for fourth visit. Welcomed by new owner and his son. Cracking place, genuine Scottish hospitality. Lively atmosphere in the hotel, very busy - had nice buzz about the place. Food was superb. Upgrade to the whisky bar very pleasant and roaring fire welcome after a day on the hills. Look forward to seeing you again in ski season!

Reviewed 26 September 2021

Having stayed at the Braemar Lodge Hotel before and had a wonderful time, we were looking forward to our visit. We weren’t aware the hotel had changed management.

We booked into the ‘superior-ensuite’ double room, which was impressive. The first inkling things had changed however, was over the evening meal. I ordered the house red as I recognised the label. When it arrived, it was completely different (not even the same type of wine). When I queried this, I was told; they changed the house wines on short notice? I let it go…

The next morning, we joined two other couples in the breakfast room and ordered our choices. While waiting however, a party of eleven golfers arrived and it soon became evident, we had been abandoned by the kitchen. The table staff were very apologetic and supplied drinks and toast, but we had to wait 45 minutes for the golfers to leave, before any food arrived at our tables. The excuse being that the party had pre-ordered, which if true, shouldn’t have stopped our places in the kitchen ticket queue. When the food eventually arrived, it was very good, but I don’t think any of us were in the mood to enjoy it.

On checking out, I queried the events with management and, unlike their table staff, was completely indifferent and unapologetic, citing the same old excuse. I won’t be back…