US$138
Royal Hotel(Oban)
US$96
  • Restaurant
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$110/night.

US$138
US$201
US$158
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$175/night.

Airdeny Chalets(Taynuilt)
  • Free Internet
TripAdvisor
All reviewscoaching innthe general managerposter bedamuse bouchesuperior roomsteakreceived a very warm welcomesourdough breadice creamhigh standardloch etivefront of housemain courseone night staycooked to perfectionsalmonscrambled eggs
Reviewed 17 May 2018

We loved staying here at the Taynuilt Guest house. Our room was huge! (it was a suite) with more amenities that I had been expecting- even a small private patio off the side- a lovely en suite and a complimentary mini bar! Christine was very accommodating to a late arrival on our part. She was also wonderful with giving ideas for exploring the area. (we spent an amazing day in Oban) The breakfast was continental, but there are so many options, you won't go hungry.

Reviewed 14 May 2018

Firstly I would like to thank Christine for the welcome we recieved and for rustling us up some sandwichies after a very long day. I would highly recommend the Taynuilt for a base to explore or in our instance a stop over before our journey home. The rooms are big and clean with a massive bathroom. the only problem I had was I kept hitting my head going up the stairs. Christine did tell me I just kept forgetting lol. the continental breakfast on offer was more than enough but you can upgrade to a cooked breakfast if required.All in all it was a great stay and will be back. thank you once again.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
Christine R, General Manager at The Taynuilt Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded 16 May 2018

Thanks for the review, James. Glad you enjoyed your stay although I'm so sorry that our quirky ceilings got the better of you! One of the delights of a 16th century Coaching Inn is it's quirky nature and low ceilings, but it all adds to the character!

Reviewed 14 May 2018

We had high hopes for here, unfortunately there were a few issues, I don’t wish to be negative so will just wish Christine and the team all the best in the future. We all have teething problems with new ventures.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your kind review, Myra. I am aware of the isues you mention and our team have brushed up on their skills since your stay.

We promise to do better if you visit us again.

Best wishes Christine x

Reviewed 7 May 2018

Christine could not have been more accommodating or welcoming for us and our small dog. Even when our Oban ferry wasn't due to dock until 9:30pm.

The room was perfect for us, and our four-legged friend was provided with bowls treats and a blanket too.

A recommended morning dog walking route, a lovely continental breakfast and we were off. Such a nice area too. We could easily have spent more time to explore.

Room Tip: An older hotel on the main road, so expect to hear some traffic, but this wasn't an issue for us.
  • Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
Christine R, General Manager at The Taynuilt Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded 10 May 2018

Glad to hear how much you enjoyed your stay! Hope you will return to explore the area and stay with us again.

Reviewed 2 May 2018 via mobile

A clean and comfortable stay in this traditional Scottish guest house. Very ably hosted by Christine who ensured my needs as a business guest were all addressed. Especially good morning coffee too!

Also highly commendable is the gentleman who runs the Taynuilt shop which is open late every evening.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled on business
Christine R, Manager at The Taynuilt Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded 3 May 2018

It was a pleasure to host your stay, Serena! So glad you enjoyed my coffee which is a lovely rich roast fair trade blend. I do hope you'll come back again soon.