Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
US$134
View deal
CheapTicketsUS$134
TravelocityUS$134
TripadvisorUS$134
ZenHotels.com
FindHotelUS$134
Trip.com
All reviews both mornings coach holiday two night stay waiting staff bar prices loch long saturday night great night could not fault bed and breakfast stunning views cobbler entertainment scotland wee singer portions
Selected filters
Reviewed 29 August 2021 via mobile

We arrived at the loch long hotel at 12md and we were told that we couldn’t check in until 3pm as the room wasn’t ready….. after requesting an early check in! There was no welcome or apologies just that they were short staffed in house keeping. We used the WC in reception that were extremely dirty!

All the staff’s uniforms looked untidy and not presentable to say the least.

We went off for the day and returned at 9pm to no car parking spaces and waited quite sometime for a member of staff to help us check in with yet again no apologies. There were lots of staff milling around but not really doing a lot….. We felt like an inconvenience!

We got up to the room to find it dirty and not been cleaned from the last guests; unmade used beds etc, so we went back down to the reception to tell the staff that were oblivious to this. I demanded that it was sorted ASAP and to be cleaned not just the beds to be remade. The whole hotel smelt like a greasy spoon cafe, it smelt of weed and was very unclean!

The bedding had stains on, there was some sort of water stain in the corner on the ceiling and the light was flickering too!

The hotel allowed dogs to stay and as I’m a dog owner myself I don’t have a problem, but when the guests have dogs and just let them pee in the hotel door way it’s not nice for other people to have to walk through to go in, as there is clearly no where else for them to go!

After having spent the night here having to listen to water constantly running outside the window, at 2.50am I was rudely woken by the nose of a generator, the beds were so uncomfortable and it had a hole in the mattress with metal thing poking out that I caught my foot on.

It’s the only place where you go in the shower and come out feeling more dirty than when you went in!

We never stayed for the breakfast as the room was so off putting and dirty so I would hate to see state of the kitchen…..
To say my not happy is an understatement……….

We payed £500 for this privilege and it was by far the worst place I’ve ever stayed and will never return. I would rate this place a big fat zero. We booked in to stay here for three nights and only stayed for one!!

Pictures of the room are showed below.

Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank amandasA5384ET
Reviewed 28 August 2021 via mobile

My family and I booked this hotel after being pleasantly impressed by the professional photographs. After a long drive and excited for our stay in the beautiful scenery we arrived into what seemed like a run down hamlet with closed down shops and pulled into the hotel carpark.

On first sight my heart sank. The car park was dirty, run down and littered with weeds and cigarette ends. Not that I planned to sleep on the car park but first impressions count. My next site was the two luxury hot tubs sat on a bit of raised ground (approx 3 feet) above the car park. Feel free to Google earth and have a look at the layout, then picture walking in your towel or bath robe through the hotel, accross the decking covered in cigarette ends and sit in a hot tub over looking a car park. I think if you leant out and had someone hold your feet you may just catch a glimpse of the loch. Maybe.

Walking inside I thought ok it might not be too bad, the nicely tiled foyer fooled me. (Intentionally I guess). A very pleasant and helpful young man served us, gave us a key and gave a wealth of directions to our room. Off we tried on the carpets so black with dirt they shine. Clumps of dust on the creaky stairs. (Yes I run my finger over things, so should the management). The stair case and maze of passages to the room were run down and filthy. Walls battered and covered in a plethora of stainage. God help anyone with a large bag or suitcase, you'll really struggle. On entering the room, we felt like crying. Two young toddlers and a horrible room full of black mould and damp. The window ledge was black with mould and littered with dead bugs and spiders. The curtains were missing hooks so could not have closed enough to block the light. The bed felt wet/ damp. Bathroom was clean but not what you'd pay to use. Lights out etc. We made our way back to reception. If honest I could sense the young man on front desk was embarrassed but had a job to do and I commend him on his approach and resilience. He called a manager who must have been off site and we could try room 19. Off we go again, this time expecting to be blown away by the room they hold back for special occasions. We weren't blown away. Marginally cleaner but not what id pay to stay in, not what id put my kids to bed in and not what a self respecting person making a long drive to the area on holiday would expect to bed down in. Back to reception we went and politely requested our money back as we wouldn't be comfortable staying here. After a lengthy wait (approx 20 mins) the manager Fiona arrived. Neither party really needed to say anything but she agreed to a full refund and explained that it's been a tough year, hotel suffers damp due to weather so need heat on, heat on means they need to open windows, open windows means bugs etc etc. That was the height of the interaction, our thoughts now focusing on where on earth to find a hotel at 1630 in the day.

I've read the "make up your own mind" reviews, and the "pleasant but the cleaner missed our room" reviews. Well this is an honest one for those with eyes and with standards.

The foyer will fool you but cast your eyes beyond you'll see the carpet is so black with ground in dirt that it shines. Dust, dirt, grime, filth and stains everywhere. This is not a result of covid, if anything that allowed time for deep cleaning, this is a result of a lack of care, lack of standards and a failure to monitor and uphold standards.

Whilst I may seem harsh, I think it is wholly wrong of this hotel to tout for business on false pretences. People come a long way to visit and should not be out in the predicament of having no other option but to stay.

I don't blame anyone, I'm sure the staff don't feel paid enough or valued enough to really care. It's owned by a larger group who clearly aren't that bothered.

Please people, avoid this. Unless your a hiker just looking to bed down or a bunch of construction workers needing digs, this is not a nice place to stay.

Room tip: Please do your research. Ask what it is you want. If it's cleanliness and hygiene, avoid. If it's a run down, old & dirty hotel with filth then you'll love it.
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank t0talcrap
Reviewed 28 August 2021

Wish we had looked at reviews before we booked and paid for 2 nights. The first room was very dirty, bed not made up, toilet had faecal skid marks and pee around the seat and the floor, dusts in tables, radiators, mirrors, bathroom mouldy, carpet worn and disgustingly dirty. We obviously complained to the reception and showed our photos but the receptionist did not appear interested saying she knows that the cleaners have been in. We were given another room, facing the loch, smaller, dirty, carpet same condition. I have posted the pictures as they can summarise this review. Only stayed a night as it was 8pm when we arrived but the following day, we checked out and were promised a refund, which up to this day, never got. They dont answer calls and emails. The spa which was a selling point in their website and one of the reasons we paid for this overpriced accommodation, was located in front and above of the car park. They were located too close to each other, no privacy, no ambiance, no control whatsoever. We have not seen anyone come in to clean anything in the hotel. The front door was covered with fingerprints, the carpet in the hallways black and sticky! I find that during Covid pandemic, cleanliness should be of utmost priority. How can this hotel be allowed to operate under such condition and con people of their money is beyond us!

1  Thank mel s
Reviewed 27 August 2021

Really run down hotel which is extremely overpriced. 2 hour late for check in and wasn’t given much of an apology and no drink to say sorry. Hot tubs “not working” but the receptionist said they were manky anyway. So unprofessional. Didn’t eat here and I’m glad we never. Dirty cups in room and room was very grubby

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank janes887
Reviewed 25 August 2021 via mobile

On arrival into reception I though this looks nice...how wrong I was!

Hotel is tired, dated and everywhere needs a clean!!
Nothing like the photos!
Carpets are worn, flooring in bar area was split and filthy, bathroom needs replacing, shower was mouldy, towel rail dirty, flush broken.
The bedroom furniture is very outdated. Missing cups, kettle and towels.
Bed Sheets thankfully were clean!

Restaurant menu very limited no vegetarian option...we were told chef would probably make us 'something'!

We were told by young lad in reception that we didn't need to book the Restaurant but when we went to enter at 8.30pm we were rudely told it was shut and to go to the chippy down the road! Which was also shut! We hadn't been told they stopped serving at 8.45pm!
Reception eventually sourced a phone number for greasy spoon type take away that delivered and we ate in reception at 10pm!

When we booked our rooms over the phone with reception we weren't told that it was a dog friendly hotel... we like dogs but there were a lot of dogs everywhere and all over the furniture in reception and bar area! This would of been a major issue if my daughter had been with us as she is highly allergic to dogs!

The hotel has so much potential, nice setting and location, breakfast was good...but I would definitely not recommend anyone to stay there!

Trip type: Travelled as a couple