4 people are viewing this hotel
Hotels.comUS$67
eDreamsUS$67
ZenHotels.comUS$114
1,741 results
All reviews loch view cobbler itison deal great value for money saturday night bit dated plenty of hot water stunning views food was lovely an overnight stay great weekend could not fault short break entertainment dogs james portions
Selected filters
Reviewed 6 September 2021 via mobile

Two nights here with my husband for a wedding next door, location is absolutely outstanding! Front facing room to Loch Long you can’t beat the views. Friendly and quick check in. First night we had drinks and meal at the bar. Good size portions for pub grub and friendly staff at the bar. Prices are reasonable too.
Breakfast runs from 7:30 - 9:30am so headed down before 9am both days and it’s buffet style cooked breakfast. I certainly enjoyed what I had on my plate. Staff bring you coffee or tea with toast to your table. You help yourself to juices and cereals if you want that as well.
Room 229 is a reasonable size clean but a little dated as others reviewers touch upon however we slept fine in the double bed and the water pressure is good when having a shower.
Sure it would benefit from investment to modernise overtime but we enjoyed our stay here and found the staff to be friendly and attentive. The location itself shows how beautiful Scotland is.

Reviewed 6 September 2021

The view lovely. The hotel that's a different story. In desperate need of renovation. Bedrooms nothing like the pictures on the booking site. Cobwebs, scruffy carpets, bathroom needed new sealent and the curtains rails had cellotape at the ends and in the middle to stop the awful brown curtains coming off. Not worth the £115 per night that we paid. Very disappointed as it looks lovely from the booking site, just shows how photos can be deceptive.

Reviewed 4 September 2021

Just returned after a bus tour. The hotel is in a lovely location on Loch Long but that really is where it stops. We were allocated a room off the main staircase very old holes in the ceiling possible water damage . Ancient wallpaper maybe 70s scruffy carpets. The bedroom was ok clean bed linen and a good view over the loch. Unable to open windows so it was stuffy . The tiny bathroom had a tiny shower cubicle. Nice toiletries. I had requested a twin room with a shower after recently had surgery this was confirmed after booking in June. The night before travel I received a call from the tour company to say I could have a shower but it would have to be a double room. I felt there was no option to accept but on arrival I was disappointed that the bed was a small double and made it very uncomfortable. It really spoiled our holiday. The hotel was very full too.
The food was very hit and miss. The first two nights the food was fairly good but got worse as the week passed. The service is very fast and the food is literally served the minute you place your order. The dining room staff and bar staff are excellent and very friendly . As a group booking you are allocated a meal time which is fine if you are going out on a tour but no flexibility on your free day. I think 7:45 is a bit early for breakfast when you are on holiday. Dinner time was also allocated. On the whole I would not go back here. Despite the lovely staff I want a bit more comfort.

Date of stay: August 2021
Reviewed 3 September 2021 via mobile

Omg. This hovel wants demolition experts to flatten it. Our room 117 above the kitchens was absolutely disgusting,dirty dated and full of cobwebs and was stuck in a 1970s time warp. Please avoid this excuse of a hotel.the food was like a dogs dinner the Chicken breast like rubber. The vegetables overcooked mush and the boiled potatoes bland and grey no garnish or butter on them I assume they were tinned.The soup , greasy and warm. The Breakfast was a total rip off at £10 per person it was cold greasy and bland cheap sausage and bacon, served by a so called chef who’s attitude was like Basil Fawlty. His chef whites were dirty and his handling of the food was indifferent, the Italian waitress was rude abrupt and just couldn’t be bothered she messed up our drinks order then slammed the correct drinks down on to the table. The only staff member that was polite was the Australia lassie, on the reception. I appreciate that covid19 has changed some established hotels with staff shortages but this dump really takes the biscuit. Don’t stay here??

1  Thank colinu751
Reviewed 31 August 2021

Stopped here for a coffee after a long journey, and was well received by the receptionist. However, she was a little overworked with a long queue and a few disgruntled guests. Dated decor, but tasty coffee.

Date of stay: August 2021