2 people are viewing this hotel
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
eDreamsUS$347
PricelineUS$347
Agoda.comUS$347
TripadvisorUS$347
StayForLong
ZenHotels.com
All reviews steam room monachyle mhor feature room single track road special occasion amuse bouche passing places high standard the main house huge bath out of this world bed and breakfast venison sitting area fabulous food wood burning stove scones
Selected filters
Reviewed 14 November 2021

My wife and I thoroughly enjoyed our stay and meeting the new manager, Brian. The fabulous food combined with the warm and friendly atmosphere made our stay exceptional. Brian even agreed to accompany us on an early morning swim and he knew just the perfect spot. The steam shower afterwards was sublime! All in all, a very rejuvenating experience and we can’t wait to return.

Date of stay: November 2021
Reviewed 14 November 2021 via mobile

We last stayed in the hotel 5 years ago and have enjoyed staying in the Feature Rooms. This time we decided to book a courtyard room, which was just as impressive as the feature rooms we previously stayed it. Lovely sitting area, comfy super kingsize bed and lovely bathroom with steam shower.

The bar was inviting and we enjoyed afternoon drinks beside a cosy log fire.
Dinner was nice, well presented and the staff were helpful and informative about every course.

We had the pleasure of meeting the new hotel manager who was helpful, welcoming and friendly.
All the staff during our stay made us feel very welcome.

The hotel has a very rustic yet sophisticated charm to it.

There perhaps are a couple of things to address to keep the hotel up to the standards and pricing they are expecting.
Attention to detail, dinner servings slightly larger portions.
The outdoor landscaping and surrounding buildings need a bit of attention. Lots of vehicles around, tables etc

We thoroughly enjoyed our stay and can not wait to book for another visit soon.

Date of stay: November 2021
Reviewed 3 November 2021 via mobile

Just back from a fabulous night in a courtyard room. It was our wedding anniversary but October is defo the time to go. Cold and blowy outside. Gushing of warm water in till top bath inside. We have stayed before but this occasion was poignant. Mum had a stroke 2 weeks before snd I really needed the break.
Service second to nine as usual in restaurant.
We are both vegan and have eaten 10 times over the years as vegans. Always average.
They have really upped their game. Lovely amuse bouche. The chocolate dessert was the best I've ever had.
Also petit fours. We missed out on them until this visit!!
Thanks chef for the extra effort!!

Date of stay: October 2021
Reviewed 28 October 2021

ACCESS:
The hotel was at the end of a 6-mile Single-Track Road without adequate/available Passing Places. Dangerous also because of the speed of local motorists.
When I reached the Hotel, after a 150-mile drive, I found the road a "nightmare".
Once there you feared going out each time!

DISABILITY UNFRIENDLY:
a. The surfacing of the area around the hotel consisted of stone chips that were slippy for a disabled person (with a stick) - and useless for wheeling suitcases: The offered help to carry our suitcases never materialised.
b. Room access was up two stone steps and a "hidden" step was under the corner wood burner and extended towards the window.
c. The bedside lights could only be switched on/off for both sides (not individually).
d. A Double bed was provided instead of twin beds (that I had requested).
e.No parking places reserved for the disabled - and the few spaces near the hotel entrance were unavailable 90% of the time. The "Visitors Carpark" was down a slippery slope a few huntred metres away!

ELECTRIC CAR CHARGING POINTS:
I had been informed that the hotel had three EC Charging Points (that I needed) - but it had NONE!

HIDDEN GLEN SAFARI:
Advertised by the hotel - but proved to be more expensive and was extreemly inadequate - as it only provided a trip into a nearby forrest allong uncomfortably rutted roads - with no eagles or deer seen (apart from a field, on approach, that had two). However the guide was friendly and informative; he was a deer-herder but showed no herds of deer or Highland Cattle, grouse etc.

DINING ROOM:
Staff were generally friendly and helpful - but the menu for dinner was poor/limited - and almost entirely orientated towards 5* customers.
I had intended to dine some of the time in their "sister" hotel (at the end of the 6-mile single track road) but couldn't endure the nightmare drive there and back!

COST:
At £290:00 pp pn B&B - this was exorbitant for a three* hotel.
A similar hotel, on the North Antrim Coast (near the Giants Causeway), with a sea view, directly off a main road, with three EC Charging Points and excellent Disabled and dining facilities, only cost me £159:00 pp pn the following month!!

SUMMARY:
Over-priced, inadequate, and not safely accessible!
The worst experience I have had in any country over 50 years of travel.
The only "redeeming feature" was when the owner/manager refunded me the cost of (an over-priced) evening meal for two, £130 - and at my insistence - a further £200:00. Not recommended.

Room tip: Disabled access - would provide better parking, possibly.
Date of stay: August 2021
Reviewed 24 October 2021

Very expensive but we were so excited for a child free night away and were deeply disappointed. We booked a courtyard room and heard from friends how lovely and large they were. When we arrived, we were led up to a glamping unit. It was tiny with nowhere to hang or place your clothes. A difficult walk also in the pitch dark trying to get to the restaurant for dinner and back in high heels on a dirt & gravel hillside. Service like faulty towers - under staffed and new staff not trained or knowledgable on anything. Paying for the bill - charged for dinner twice and didn’t take off deposit paid. Felt like they were trying to grab as much money off people as possible and not caring that the service and experience for guests was shocking. No response from private email feedback and I see they don’t respond to feedback on here either. A shame as location stunning and I have heard that previous years it was a lovely luxury option. Certainly not worth it now!

Date of stay: September 2021