1,224 results
All reviews murder mystery coach parties coach trip loch lomond four poster bed four nights bar menu shower head function room lovely hotel small village great night evening meal weekend break haggis waiting staff from start to finish
Reviewed 24 September 2017

Popped in for lunch on the way home, very relaxed atmosphere as always, ideal location to relax with excellent food and service. Visited many times over the years and hope to do so in the future. Keep up the good work.

Reviewed 13 September 2017

Stayed here for 4 nights, and found to be a very comfortable hotel. The food was first class. However, there seems to be a shortage of glasses. Sherry and Brandy served in tumblers. Enquiries resulted in one brandy glass in the bar, but no sherry glasses.

Reviewed 11 September 2017

I have just stayed in this hotel for four nights. On the second night I decided to re-arrange my pillows. I was shocked to find a bloodstain on one of the pillows. There was also a mark on the duvet cover (which I discovered later). This rather gave me the impression that the bedding had not changed since the last guest left the room, which was not a very nice thought.

Later the next day I took the stained pillowcase down to one of the staff and asked if it could be changed and also could I have all the bedding changed for clean sheets. He said he would make sure this was done. I noticed in the evening that the pillowcase had been changed but not the rest of the bedding.

I spoke to the Manager and she said she had asked for all the bedding to be changed and the room given a deep clean. I said the bedding had not been changed and she arranged for a girl to come up and do this for me. I could see the room had not been deep cleaned but could not be bothered to mention that as I was leaving a day or so later. I also noticed that the grouting around the bath was mouldy and the toilet button to flush sometimes got stuck.

The food was very good and the portions ample. The entertainment provided was also good. I feel it would be better if guests could have a buffet breakfast as when the restaurant is busy it takes ages for people to queue up with their plates and be served. Generally I would say this was a very average sort of hotel.

Please could the waiting staff be asked to smile as they look very miserable!

1  Thank Angelaofbristol
Reviewed 9 September 2017 via mobile

Rang and booked this hotel last minute - arrived in the dark went in back entrance by mistake but very easy to find reception desk where we was greated by very polite receptionist who handed us our keys and guided us to our room. Room was easy to find on the first floor. Room was clean big comfy bed tea and coffee facilities - bathroom excellent big double shower with hot water (no issues as previously reported by guests) lovely big mirror in bathroom with light made nice and functional for shaving. Had meal and drink in the bar in evening would highly recommend nice food clean lovely service - breakfast in the morning was choice of juices cereals and fresh fruit tea coffee and choice of full Scottish/English breakfast which was good to perfection . Great stopover no complaints would recommend

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Scooteraande
Reviewed 3 September 2017

Me and the wife called in here whilst staying outside Drymen. First of was impressed by the local ale on sale here, was a cracking pint and the food in the is establishment is lovely..first visit i had the Venison Pie and couldnt fault it and the mash, wow thats some mash, massive bits of meat in the pie and was cooked to perfection..the wife had the macaroni cheese and she said it was the best she had ever tasted...it was that good that we called in for a second time whilst in the area.10 stars.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple