Winnock Hotel
US$80
The Drymen Inn(Drymen)(Great Value!)
US$111
TripAdvisor
Ashbank B&B(Drymen)
TripAdvisor
1,185 results
All reviewsmurder mysterycoach tripcoach partiesloch lomondfour poster bedfour nightsshower headfunction roomeach eveninglovely hotellog firegreat nightsmall villageweekend breakhaggiswaiting stafffrom start to finish
Reviewed 22 October 2017

My wife and I booked this hotel for a murder mystery evening with overnight stay on 20 October 2017. The evening itself was good, But as a full time wheelchair user, The hotel was a complete obstacle course. The "disabled" room had a shower over a bath, which meant no shower for me. Dinner on the Friday was very good, But Saturdays full Scottish breakfast was awful. Served on a slate, cold, and swimming in grease. Staff were all very good, but that would not entice me to use the hotel again.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 October 2017 via mobile

Well I never know what to expect when I get to hotels with my passengers, but upon arriving here and greeting to duty manager it was all going well from the introduction, parking facitlies, access all good.

The staff here are awesome, so helpful and nothing is too much trouble. There is a good friendly atmosphere and in a lovely sorounding.
The food is really good and they definitly look after drivers here.
The rooms are good size although in the old building some are small but hey it's a 17th century building.
There are some lovely original features here too.
This is definitely one hotel I can't wait to return to.

Scottish night is great fun and every night the hotel staff work really hard putting on entertainment.

Many thanks to u all for making my passengers happy.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank andrew8533
Reviewed 16 October 2017

45 peeps landed on this hotel but that didn't bother anyone. We were all allocated rooms on the coach and collected the keys on the way to the rooms. Good sized, very comfy room just enough storage for us. The hotel was notably on the warm side which was good, shirt sleeves every day. Food was excellent, the staff were all very efficient and helpful. The beer was brilliant and the house wine superb.
Dinner was 3 courses and delivered quickly, coffee was available as soon as the pud was eaten. Breakfast was fairly good, the fried eggs were always hard, black pudding was dry and the staff gave you helpings of what you want - I asked for more and got more.
Drymen was a good place for us as we went out and about day by day around that part of Scotland.
Evening entertainment was available, usually singers, but this was not for us.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank Rodders_T
Reviewed 16 October 2017 via mobile

Visited with family last week, bar meal service was fast and friendly, food was standard with decent portions. Let Down by the decor, I felt like I was sitting in a travel inn not a traditional country pub. The seats are made of light tartan material and have gathered a lot of food staining. I felt it was a bit ewww.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 October 2017

We have just spent four nights at the Winnock as part of a coach trip. We have travelled many times on coaches and this hotel is one of the very best we have stayed at. The evening meals are excellent, plenty of choice, very good quality ingredients and served hot on every occasion - quite something when there are three coaches in, all eating at the same time. Comfortable rooms, nicely furnished. The staff are very helpful; cheery; efficient and versatile. Breakfast was adequate for our needs and very nice packed lunches were supplied.

Room Tip: Can be noisy due to close proximity of road, but there are quiet rooms available.
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple