Staybridge Suites Memphis - Poplar Ave East
  • Pool
Marriott Memphis East(Memphis)
  • Pool
View Hotel
All reviewsfree laundryfull size fridgekitchen arealiving roomhome away from homesafe locationgreat place to stayclean roomsmemphis areaking bedfront desk staffstaff was very friendly and helpfulyogurtdefinitely stay here againhayesbenihanastove
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 5 December 2011

I stayed at this property from November 29th to December 1st with my father, as we were in Memphis for a funeral. We both enjoyed the daily hot breakfast buffett as well as the business center. We didn't take advantage of the evening reception other then grabbing a beer before returning to the room.

I was prompted to write this review after recieivng an email from my father this morning. I left a wedding card with a check from my dearly departed great-aunt in the room. When it was found, an employee of the property contacted my father to get my home address and mailed the card back to me. Due to my stress, anxiety, and grief surrounding the funeral, I hadn't even realized it was missing and probably wouldn't have ever remembered.

Thank you to the caring staff at Staybridge - I will treasure this last card from my great-aunt always! Next time I'm in town for a visit, I will certainly stay at the Staybridge Suites!

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank DeiBevin
SBSMemphisEast, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Memphis - Poplar Ave East, responded to this reviewResponded 6 December 2011

I am so happy that our Room Attendant, Natashia, had the foresight to bring the card to the front desk and have or Guest Services Representative, Dee, research it and get it sent out to you. There is nothing that can replace an item as precious as this is. Thank you so much for your kind comments. I'm sorry that your visit with us was for a sad occassion, but, I hope this made it better for you. Please join us again whenever you are back in Memphis. Best regards, Bob Cox, General Manager

Reviewed 5 December 2011

Came to Memphis for the St Jude Marathon with a group of people. Enjoyed the rooms and the facility. Breakfast staff was friendly and there was a good selection of items to choose from. Other staff was somewhat friendly but didn't seem very welcoming or helpful. Also our vehicle was broken into and a few items were stolen and we were parked right outside the entrance!!! We didn't file a police report because we were from out of State and had to be at a destination at a certain time, but we did inform the front desk - they offered to call the police. Very limited choice of restaurants within walking distance. Price was too high compared to other similar hotels for the services received.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank RedRitz
SBSMemphisEast, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Memphis - Poplar Ave East, responded to this reviewResponded 7 December 2011

I am so sorry for the break in of your vehicle. We very seldom have issues with vandalism, theft or break in's. Unfortunately, hotel parking lots anywhere are vulnerable especially this time of year. We do have many restaurants in our area and we have a complimentary shuttle that would have taken you to any of them at your request. Again, I apologize for the trouble you encountered. I hope you were successful at the St. Jude Marathon. We are all very happy to have St. Jude in our city and we sincerely thank you for your support of such a wonderful organization. Best regards, Bob Cox, General Manager

Reviewed 5 December 2011

Arrived in Memphis from Charleston SC on the 28th of November, to teach a Project Management class to our company's distribution center. Very pleasantly surprised at the type of room I had and the cleanliness of it. You know the first impression you have when you open the door, well mine was to sit on the couch, look around and go "wow, this is nice" . It was that way for the 3 nights I was there. Everyday my bed was made, trash emptied things put away. I do not recall the lady's name at the front desk, but she was always very helpful and courteous. She even showed us a short cut back to Benihana's restaurant behind the hotel so we would minimize our time walking in the rain/snow that night. If I have the pleasure of going back to Memphis, I hope I get to stay here again. Oh, the breakfast in the mornings were great as well. The chef very friendly and helpful as well. :)

Room Tip: 3rd Floor Rooms were great.
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank michael b

We are very happy that you were able to stay with us during your business trip to Memphis. By the way, Charleston is one of my favorite cities ever! I'm glad you enjoyed your time with us and certainly appreciate the great review of your stay. I can't begin to tell you how important that is to us. Please check with us again whenvever you are in Memphis. We would love to have you stay with us again. Best regards, Bob Cox, General Manager

Reviewed 19 November 2011

The staff ( especially Matt and Natalie) were very helpful. Our room for four nights was like having an apartment. All amenities we could want. The evening Monday to Thursday free wine and beer plus appetizers was more like an evening meal. Great also. Close enough to all the sites we wanted to see. Very friendly atmosphere . We would stay here again.

Room Tip: 3rd floor is very quiet.
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Linda P
SBSMemphisEast, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Memphis - Poplar Ave East, responded to this reviewResponded 21 November 2011

Your comments are the greatest compliment we can have. We always want our guests to feel like this is their home away from home. Thank you for staying with us. We look forward to seeing you again on your next trip to our city. Thank you for taking the time to review your stay for us. Best regards, Bob Cox, General Manager.

Reviewed 4 November 2011

We recently stayed at this facility due to my mom's eye surgery. The staff was extremely friendly and the suite was a very nice size. We were very well pleased.. Thanks Staybridge. I will be staying again...

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
SBSMemphisEast, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Memphis - Poplar Ave East, responded to this reviewResponded 9 November 2011

WOW! Thank you so much for the great review. We sincerely appreciate you and your family staying with us. Please choose us again the next time you're in Memphis. I hope your Mom's recovery is going well and please give her our best wishes. Best regards, Bob Cox, General Manager.