“Very nice but liked the old planetarium better”
Review of Sharpe Planetarium

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Sharpe Planetarium
Ranked #104 of 161 things to do in Memphis
Reviewed 4 June 2017

I hate to be the first not to rate this as excellent. I'm an old guy who has always loved the sky and remember visiting the Hayden Planetarium back in the day. I studied celestial navigation and loved mid watches in the Navy when I had time to brush up. The new planetarium strikes me as simply a movie theater. The Spring Skies show lasted 40 minutes. I did think it was an excellent show to teach children and beginners to spot significant stars and other objects in our spring skies. It was certainly worth the visit, especially for the 11 year old with me. The old codger in me might have felt better had the old projector been left in the center of the room. Marveling at how that worked was always part of my experience. The visit can be combined with a museum visit or max show.

Reviewed 3 January 2017

We have a real gem in Memphis with the Pink Palace and the Sharpe Planetarium! With their changing exhibits and shows, there's always something of interest for young and not-so-young, too!

Reviewed 17 June 2014

Took son for the first time and he LOVED it!!! They have changing shows and I can't wait to take him again to see something new and different.

1  Thank ande5771
Reviewed 7 January 2012

Wish it was longer and the speaker could pronounce the actual names and places/worlds but you can't always get what you want.