“Nice room for the price”

Colonial Inn & Suites
Ranked #94 of 138 Hotels in Memphis
Reviewed 23 May 2016

The location is close to the airport. There is an ironing board and iron in the room as well as fridge and microwave. Bring your own blow dryer though. Room is clean though, and the staff is friendly. For the price, I was happy.

• Stayed: May 2016, travelled on business

Reviewed 18 August 2015

Stayed here for a few days. Around the fourth day I noticed some bites on my back. I inspected my bed and discovered bed bugs.

Management said it was my fault because I hadn't complained the previous days. They said I had brought them in and refused to give a refund. Rediculous.

Avoid at all costs

• Stayed: August 2015, travelled on business
Reviewed 24 April 2015

I missed my flight.The hotel owner came to the airport to pick me up. The property is really nice, extremely clean and an economical choice. It is a great property with a caring owner. I was very ill. The owner made sure I was comfortable, ensuring I was in a room with a wonderful hot shower. My room was also very close to the front office in case I needed assistance. The next morning, he asked about my health. I found this property offered me a wonderful experience, assisting me when I was in distress. The owner went over and above to ensure I had a good experience. And even though I was only there for a few hours, my experience was so excellent that I had to share.

• Stayed: April 2015, travelled solo
Reviewed 10 September 2013

I booked this hotel online to be close to the airport (which it is) and didn't think it would be that bad. The experience we had with the hotel and staff compelled me to write this review so that other travelers think twice before they decide to stay there. At multiple points during our one night stay we debated paying the money and staying somewhere else cleaner and safer.

The first signs of trouble came at check-in. We asked the individual who was checking us in what sports bar in the area would be good to watch Sunday night football (NFL) on. His reply was a long mute stare. Eventually, after multiple attempts explaining what we were looking for and the staff member going to get another staff member to help explain, they directed us to what they thought was a sports bar. We called a cab to bring us there and it turns out it was a fast food joint that made chicken wings.

Wasting the money on the cab was annoying (since we didn't bother with food and went back to the hotel to watch the game which was half over) but we did learn some important information about the neighborhood. The cabbie made sure to tell us not to go out of our rooms or talk to anyone after dark.

Luckily we only had to experience the bathroom and shower once because it was nasty. The cover for the light fixture was missing and there were wires, exposed, and directly over the shower. There was PUBIC hair (amongst other things) on the walls in the bathroom.

Staying at the Colonial would be a good choice for you if you dont mind having to worry about your personal possessions, safety or dirty accommodations.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
3  Thank G0PackGO
Reviewed 29 November 2012

Me and my wife stayed two nights. The room was nice and clean and the staff and managment were very nice. We would recomend Colonial inn to all of our friends and any travelers going to memphis.The only problem was there is no breakfast but we had a coffee pot in our room. So for the price and good night sleep it is worth the stay

Room Tip: The non smoking rooms are new and fresh a little traffic but worth the stay