“Sllloooowww service tonight! Awesome pizza.”

Mellow Mushroom Memphis
Ranked #343 of 1,509 Restaurants in Memphis
Price range: US$5 - US$10
Description: Mellow Mushroom opened in 1974 when three college students founded a business that reflected their eccentric philosophies. They saw pizza baking as an art form, and wanted to bring joy to others by perfecting the art of pizza. The first store was created out of an old liquor store on Spring Street near Georgia Tech. To accommodate the long lines and gaining popularity, more Mellow Mushrooms sprung up around Atlanta. By the late 80's, they opened their first franchise to an existing employee, followed by customer-owned franchises, and then to friends of employees and customers. One by one, the stores sprung up, built on a good idea and a great pizza pie. As our reputation for a great stone baked pizza grew, so did we, and it continues to this day. For 37 years, Mellow Mushroom Pizza Bakers has been serving up fresh stone baked pizzas to-order in an eclectic, art-filled and family-friendly environment. Each Mellow is locally-owned and operated with a unique feel focused around customer service and high quality food.
Reviewed 1 October 2016 via mobile

Once my husband and I were seated it took over 20 mins just to be greeted by our server, even though she walked by several times. Yes, they were busy when we first got there, but it quickly cleared out. She could have at least told us she'd be right with us or brought us some waters and the beer list (which we never got). The table next to us complained about their food and several servers came out to talk to them. Clearly tonight was an off night. We've never had problems here before. The pizza was good (love the crust!), but come on... People go out to eat to get out of the house to relax, not cook, and to have fun. We left angry after spending 2 hours from start to finish, frustrated with how long it took to be greeted, get drinks, get our food, and pay. Get it together.

MellowMemphis, Guest Relations Manager at Mellow Mushroom Memphis, responded to this reviewResponded 8 November 2016

We are very sorry to hear about your experience at Mellow Memphis. We are addressing this promptly and truly appreciate your feedback. Would you mind sending your contact info to memphis@mellowmushroominfo.com , we would love to make this right.
Thank you!

Reviewed 29 September 2016 via mobile

Mellow Mushroom has awesome Vegan options. The Gluten Free crust is great with as many veggies as they can fit on it.

MellowMemphis, Public Relations Manager at Mellow Mushroom Memphis, responded to this reviewResponded 4 October 2016

Thank you for the wonderful review! We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 10 September 2016 via mobile

First time from this location and got it to go, but delicious as always! Easy in and easy out, friendly staff.

MellowMemphis, Public Relations Manager at Mellow Mushroom Memphis, responded to this reviewResponded 12 September 2016

Thank you! We appreciate the awesome review and hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 2 September 2016 via mobile

We went to this location last night after a junior high football game. We had a reservation for 40. My husband and I and some other couple chose to sit at the bar, away from the kids. When I got to the bar, a friend of mine said she had ordered a beer and still hadn't gotten it and had to remind the bartender. I ordered a glass of wine and was served promptly. Now, the problem started when I placed a simple to go order of three small cheese pizzas for the girls and one bayou blue for my husband and I to share on our way to Dallas. We were hoping to get in and out. That didn't happen. We sat there for at least 45 minutes with no sign of our pizza. I finally had to ask if she forgot to put in order. I finally got it an hour later. On our way to Dallas, I got a call from a parent that was in our party telling me they never got their pizza and the ONE that was served to someone in the group had an ink pen baked in the pizza. Very disappointing since I eat at the Olive Branch location at least once a week as it is close to my office. Looks like I'll stick with that one. We will not be back to the Park avenue location. Let me also add that it was NOT busy. I understand a large party is difficult with a full house, however, that was not the case. There was no excuse.

MellowMemphis, Public Relations Manager at Mellow Mushroom Memphis, responded to this reviewResponded 6 September 2016

I'm sorry to hear about your experience and we are addressing this promptly. Please email us at memphis@mellowmushroominfo.com, as we'd like to make this right.

Reviewed 5 August 2016

Mellow Mushroom is a chain and I have eaten at several throughout the south. The pizza is very consistent as well as the service. There is always a great beer selection. The Memphis location was one of the best MM I have ever visited. Great service and the House Special is always great.

MellowMemphis, Guest Relations Manager at Mellow Mushroom Memphis, responded to this reviewResponded 9 August 2016

Ya, thank you Derek for the awesome review! We appreciate your feedback and hope to see you again soon.