“Delicious- well managed store”

Schlotzsky's Bakery Cafe
Ranked #373 of 1,482 Restaurants in Memphis
Cuisines: Delicatessen, Cafe
Reviewed 9 March 2012

I have been a customer here for about a year now- it is the only Schlotzsky's in Memphis. It is managed well- and the food is a cut above regular delis. The bread is freshly baked and the ingredients are always premium. It does get quite busy during lunch- slows down for dinner time so try that if you are not in a rush. My friend likes their personal gourmet pizzas- but I still prefer my sandwiches. I've been to other scholtzskys before- and this one is definitely one of the best.

Reviewed 16 March 2011

I was not at all impressed with this restaurant. This was my first time to a Schlotzsky's. The pictures looked impressive.

The reality was that the sandwiches were significantly overpriced for the amount of food that you get ("small" really means "small"), and the bread was terrible. They said it was sourdough, but it wasn't like any sourdough I'd ever tasted. The bread made the rest of the sandwich nearly inedible and flavorless. I choked it down and finished it off with the barbecue chips, which were significantly better than the sandwich.

If I ever get talked into trying this place again, I'll attempt a salad. But like the title says, McAlister's is right down the street and they are 100 times better.