“Stop in for a beer...”

Price range: US$0 - US$15
Good for: Local cuisine, Bar Scene
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Downtown
Description: Kings Palace Café located at 162 Beale Street, has the old time Beale Street atmosphere of good food and good music. King Palace Café has a large dining room and a lazy outdoor patio, also the Jazz Room for live Blues and Memphis Music nightly. Open For Lunch And Dinner 7 days and nights a week. Kings Palace Café serves Cajun cuisine ranging from Shrimp & Crawfish Etouffee, Blackened Catfish, Voodoo Potatoes, and many more. They also have pasta dishes, such as Shrimp Velvet, which is large butterfly shrimp on a bed of linguini with a mildly spiced cheddar cheese sauce, and many more pasta choices. Don't forget the Meat! King's Palace Café has Memphis Style (hickory smoked) BBQ Ribs, and New York Strips, Bacon Wrapped Filets, and Salmon Steaks (which are lightly smoked and grilled to perfection).
Reviewed 22 October 2017

I only stopped here as they had a live blues band playing in the outdoor courtyard. Stop in if there is a band, get a beer, and enjoy the music. I would stop here again if I'm in Memphis. The inside of the bar area seemed large and the bathroom was rather small.

Reviewed 20 October 2017

Stopped by for dinner this eve and was very dissapointed to find that in Tennessee you can't be served alcohol without ID ! As UK visitors we had no idea about this. My husband had a beer - I with no ID had water. We later visited other bars on Beale street and I was served alcohol with no problem .....
The food was ok - fries cold portions,not enormous. Service was slow as I've said a very mediocre eve

Reviewed 17 October 2017

I was walking by and saw a sign advertising peel and eat shrimp. I go in to order them. I pay for the meal and wait about 15 mins. After the bartender brings them out, I open the container to see what appears to be over cooked "popcorn" sized shrimp. I tried one that was so small that it took me over 3 min just to get it peeled. After I bit into it, it tasted like rubber. I told the bartender that brought the food, that she could throw it away, that I didn't like it. She picked it up, and didn't say anything else. Didn't even take the time to ask what was wrong or anything. Didn't even ask if I wanted anything else, or offer a refund.

Reviewed 14 October 2017

Great little place to have Lunch, good food and plenty of it. Fried green tomatoes were excellent. Nice patio and good live music, Our waitress was the best.

Reviewed 13 October 2017

We checked this place out because it looked like a proper restaurant not a music bar selling food.
Glad we did, it was the best meal we had in Memphis.
Good choice on the menu that did not have everything fried. Also there was one guy on guitar playing in the background which added to the ambience and created a Blues club feel to th eplace.
Prices were good as was the local beer
Tip - try the pork chop, delicious

Been to King's Palace Cafe? Share your experiences!