“Be careful!!! Don't stay here!!”

Home 1 Extended Stay
Ranked #105 of 138 Hotels in Memphis
Reviewed 17 September 2014

My wife and I went on a business trip to Memphis. We don't know the city very well and Studio 6 is our go to normally. We arrived at 11:00pm and were exhausted from our 8 hour drive with 2 dogs. The clerk at the desk finished whatever he was doing on his phone and proceeded to walk around the whole hotel and check each room to see if they have been cleaned. This place was very shady to say the least. I told him that I would be paying cash and he told me there would be a $100 deposit because we were paying cash. I said thats fine and paid him for one week plus deposit. We got the keys to the room and noticed on our way to the room all of the hookers and drug dealers lingering about. I walked up to the security guard and asked him if my vehicles would be safe during our stay and he reassured me that they will. To make a long story short, I woke up in the morning to get some coffee for the wife and I and found my truck ripped apart. $5000 worth of tools and stereo system were stolen right from under the security guards nose. I immediately called the police and went to check out. They would not refund my deposit saying that it was never given to the night clerk and told me i am S.O.L. about my money. This is the worst experience of my life. I am now letting the courts decide how this is going to play out. We are members of a canine organization that is over 100,000 strong and we will be letting all of the members know of our experience at this location. Spend the extra money and stay somewhere else if you know what is good for you.

Room Tip: We ended upo going to La Quinta. Awesome hotel.
  • Stayed: September 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Donni S

Reviewed 5 August 2014 via mobile

Everything on the website is a lie . Me and my family made reservations for the fourth of July which turned out to be the hotel from hell. The pool had brown and green slime floating on top with trash in the pool. Grounds where filthy. Elevator was unsafe u feel as if it was never going to stop. The rooms where totally out dated the appliance look as if they were a fire hazard. The setting area had only one chair in the room. The bathroom where filthy the bedroom where horrible the pillows where so thin it was as if there was no pillow in the case at all. The only positive point about this hotel was the staff they were very polite and friendly. To wrap this up this is not a place u would take your family or anyone else's. The only way I see it can be improved is to tare it down and start over from starch.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Towonner G
Reviewed 9 June 2014 via mobile

Security guard was there to protect our vehicle only. Heavy hoe and drug dealing in and around the hotel and parking lot. Interior room was shocking, nothing in kitchen worked, furniture was to broken to use, smelled like a method lab. Ducked shower and sink to work. Shootings in the parking lot, fights in the halls. TVs worked though and the beds were great. Had to stay due to a large delivery being Shipped there. Spend a few bucks more to stay ANYWHERE else!!!

• Stayed: October 2013
3  Thank Laurie B
Reviewed 18 April 2014

I made my reservation based on a stay at another Studio 6 in East Brunswick, New Jersey, assuming the brand was consistent across the country. I thought the low price had more to do with location than the quality of the property, but I was wrong. I am thankful the receptionist asked if we wished to check the room before confirming, because it was awful. The exterior steps were filthy, and the lock on the door did not work. The room had a musty smell, and the furniture, bedding and carpet were worn and stained.

When I returned to the front desk to retrieve my ID, I told the clerk we would not be staying and apologized profusely. I explained that I expected it to be similar to the property I enjoyed in New Jersey, and was just told, "This is Memphis." I made a reservation at a wonderful hotel on my phone in about 20 minutes, in Memphis, and had a great stay - but not at this place.

Room Tip: Rooms in the photos are not what we saw!
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank LB B
Reviewed 1 December 2013

I stayed here for work in Oct. The place was the worst motel I ever stayed in, and I am not picky. Room always had that wet musty smell. Floors were nasty-never once vacuumed while I was there. Could never seem to get room service. I always had to go to office(if open) to get towels trash liners and so on(even though I continuely asked) Dont go out at night unless you want to buy drugs or a prostitute. Even though I cleaned all the walls and windows, fixed both sinks and drains and made it as comfortable as possible there never refunded my deposit. There is trash everywhere!!!. Most of the people there are permanent tenants. They need to close it down as a motel and make it a section 8 place.Please Families--stay away!!!!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business