“Better Judgement”

Home 1 Extended Stay
Ranked #105 of 138 Hotels in Memphis
Reviewed 15 November 2016

Me and My Family went here it wasn't our first chose but we've stayed her before.
We notice the Under new management so we decided to stop. it was way better than before and the lady at the front she really tries to help the best way possible the staff the really do what they can to make you as comfortable as possible. I love the turn around they are doing their making great improvements

Room Tip: Rooms are spacious for an affordable price
  • Stayed: November 2016, travelled as a couple
Mary S, Public Relations Manager at Home 1 Extended Stay, responded to this reviewResponded 18 November 2016

Dear Guest,

Thank you and your family for giving us a second try. We are thrilled to hear that you had a much better stay, and we will continue to work hard to provide the best visit possible for each of our guests. We look forward to welcoming you again next time.

Reviewed 23 April 2016 via mobile

rooms were very nasty this is a hotel for SSI people people with no where to stay drugs are being sold prostitutes I hang out in the parking lot the rooms are very nasty and dirty the pool is extremely dirty

Stayed: April 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed 6 January 2015

Having stayed at Motel 6 other times, I expect it to be spartan but clean, quick night stay. Hair on sheets, sink, counters; Shady characters; Small drops of blood on sheets; Feces spattered in toilet bowl; walls were stained all over the place; trash overflowing in corridors; "lobby" was smokey and had spill stains on floor that were not cleaned. Don't stay here.

Room Tip: I don't think there is one.
  • Stayed: December 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ChcgoBuckeye
6Team, Brand Experience Team member at Home 1 Extended Stay, responded to this reviewResponded 28 January 2015

Dear Guest, Thank you for sharing your review. We strive to deliver a great guest experience, but it sounds as though we did not perform to our usual standards in this case. We are committed to delivering a clean, comfortable room and apologize for any failure in delivering on the commitment during your recent stay. Please know the conditions you describe are an exception to our guest commitment and as such, we apologize. We sincerely apologize for your unpleasant stay due to the inconveniences you describe. We invite you to contact our Guest Relations department at 1-855-787-9864 to record the details of your visit to help us provide a better guest experience in the future.

Reviewed 17 September 2014

My wife and I went on a business trip to Memphis. We don't know the city very well and Studio 6 is our go to normally. We arrived at 11:00pm and were exhausted from our 8 hour drive with 2 dogs. The clerk at the desk finished whatever he was doing on his phone and proceeded to walk around the whole hotel and check each room to see if they have been cleaned. This place was very shady to say the least. I told him that I would be paying cash and he told me there would be a $100 deposit because we were paying cash. I said thats fine and paid him for one week plus deposit. We got the keys to the room and noticed on our way to the room all of the hookers and drug dealers lingering about. I walked up to the security guard and asked him if my vehicles would be safe during our stay and he reassured me that they will. To make a long story short, I woke up in the morning to get some coffee for the wife and I and found my truck ripped apart. $5000 worth of tools and stereo system were stolen right from under the security guards nose. I immediately called the police and went to check out. They would not refund my deposit saying that it was never given to the night clerk and told me i am S.O.L. about my money. This is the worst experience of my life. I am now letting the courts decide how this is going to play out. We are members of a canine organization that is over 100,000 strong and we will be letting all of the members know of our experience at this location. Spend the extra money and stay somewhere else if you know what is good for you.

Room Tip: We ended upo going to La Quinta. Awesome hotel.
  • Stayed: September 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Donni S
Reviewed 5 August 2014 via mobile

Everything on the website is a lie . Me and my family made reservations for the fourth of July which turned out to be the hotel from hell. The pool had brown and green slime floating on top with trash in the pool. Grounds where filthy. Elevator was unsafe u feel as if it was never going to stop. The rooms where totally out dated the appliance look as if they were a fire hazard. The setting area had only one chair in the room. The bathroom where filthy the bedroom where horrible the pillows where so thin it was as if there was no pillow in the case at all. The only positive point about this hotel was the staff they were very polite and friendly. To wrap this up this is not a place u would take your family or anyone else's. The only way I see it can be improved is to tare it down and start over from starch.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family