“Lovely Sunday Lunch at The Station”
Review of The Station

The Station
Ranked #10 of 94 Restaurants in Colwyn Bay
Reviewed 30 March 2018

We were recommended by friends to go to the Sunday Carvery at The Station and we were not disappointed. You could have a small, medium or large plate depending on how hungry you are or how much you want to spend. We chose the medium plate and had a choice of 3 slices of meat and a choice of vegetables. We had beef and turkey all of which melted in your mouth. The meat was cooked to perfection and was very tender and tasted really good. The meal cost us £8.95 each and for extra money when you ordered you could have a desert. We chose not to have a desert and we’re glad we didn’t because we felt very full after our meal. It is worth going early at 12 when the Carvery has just opened as everything is fresh and the meat has just come out of the oven. Thoroughly recommend the Sunday Carvery.

Reviewed 25 March 2018 via mobile

Been here many times. Food and drink and service always very good.

Why oh why are there two doors open, one off Station Road and the other on Conway Road? When someone opens a door, there is an Icelandic breeze that runs through the restaurant. It was so bloody cold last time, we had to leave our coats on, and made a conscious decision to not visit again until the weather takes a turn for the better.

Always wanting to leave criticism that is constructive, we would suggest leaving one door closed and maybe installing a curtain heater over the one door that is left open.

Very surprised that there have been no other reviews concerning this.

Looking forward to seeing you when the weather improves.

Reviewed 19 March 2018

the food is not good here at all, it was when we first used to go about a year ago, i have been back twice since nd both times the food was not good at all, so i wont be giving it another go

2  Thank linf63
Reviewed 15 March 2018

We spent Mother's Day in Colwyn Bay and my husband booked us in here for a meal. As it was a Sunday we all chose the carvery (including my little boy who is 18 months) and it was the right decision. I would go as far as saying it was the nicest carvery I've eaten. My little boy loved it, normally he eats the Yorkshire Pudding and not much else but he tried a bit of everything and kept asking for more.

The portion sizes are really good, the meat was extremely tasty and the gravy was really dark and delicious, I wish I could make mine the same.

We chose the Millionaire cheescake for dessert (it was Mother's Day) and ice cream for my little boy. The cheesecake was gorgeous and the ice cream went down a treat. My husband enjoyed a pint of Sagres, something which we don't normally see on draft.

As a little gesture to all mums, they passed out little bags within mini eggs in and an emoji keyring. So thoughtful.

If we ever go back to Colwyn Bay will we definitely drop in here for something to eat and a drink.

Reviewed 15 March 2018 via mobile

A very good venue and highly good to relax. Child friendly.comfy.Has a good menu and not bad service.