All reviews the offa's dyke path special facilities garden room lovely conservatory high street tea and coffee making facilities small fridge have stayed here several times train station friendly hosts full welsh breakfast off road parking wonderful hospitality lovely home nothing too much trouble few minutes walk bed and breakfast
Reviewed 15 August 2018

We stayed at Plas Ifan last week on the final night of our walk on the Offa's Dyke Path. It was a most disappointing way to conclude the walk.

I had very limited interactions with the owners, as they left town that evening and someone else came in to cook breakfast the next morning. Malcolm seemed very nice and was kind enough to arrange for a cab to bring us to the train station the next morning. I also can't comment on breakfast since we left early to catch a train and did not eat. I will add that the gardens look very nice.

What I can discuss is the room quality, which to me is the most important aspect of any B&B. Our room was on the first floor immediately to the left of the entrance. The room was dark and dirty and filled with mismatched furniture. It had a strong smell that we couldn't quite identify, but our guess was that it was the detergent used on the bed sheets and the towels. I have posted a few photos that show a corner that had gone unvacuumed for quite awhile and a mini-refrigerator that sat right next to the bed and hadn't been cleaned inside or out in quite some time. Many B&B's are old and sometimes the rooms will simply reflect their age, but what we can't tolerate is a lack of cleanliness. I think it is noteworthy that none of the pictures on Trip Advisor are of rooms.

When we returned to the B&B after having dinner, there were no lights on outside the house and we had to fumble around in the dark to find our way in.

I have noted that the owner sometimes responds negatively to harsh reviews and sometimes criticizes the guests who write those reviews. For this reason I have provided photos to support my description and I have noted my very limited interaction with the owner. Any rebuttal criticism of me as an unusual, impolite, or difficult guest will be an untruth. I am simply providing my opinion for the benefit of other travelers. I don't like to write really negative reviews but when accommodations are unacceptable then I think it is important note and it is why people consult Trip Advisor. Many others seem to have thought highly of Plas Ifan. However, I can only say that the four of us who stayed there together felt it was uncomfortable and not up to standard.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 9 August 2018 via mobile

Lovely stay at Plas I Fan. Firstly, Malcom and Swan made myself and my partner feel very welcome throughout our stay. The room itself was very nice and we had a peaceful night. Breakfast in the morning was great with numerous options. Would recommend

Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 June 2018 via mobile

What a magical place to spend the last night after walking Offa’s Dyke Path! Plas Ifan, in Prestatyn, Wales. A converted chapel with wonderful gardens, charming inside and out, Malcolm and Swan - warm and welcoming hosts, offering a bountiful Welsh breakfast.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled solo
2  Thank JeanHeys
Reviewed 28 May 2018

Malcolm & Swan provide a very welcoming atmosphere in their home, lovely orangery/garden room where guests can relax as well as somewhere to eat the great Welsh Breakfast( local bacon, sausages and eggs from their own chickens). Our room over looked the gardens and was quiet, clean and comfortable, with a small fridge as well as brewing up facilities. Being on the northern end of Offa's Dyke this welcoming B&B also has facilities for 3 tents in the orchard

Room Tip: access through the garden over a bridge is lovely but may not be wheel chair friendly
  • Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank MaeveM34
Reviewed 27 March 2018

We have stayed here several times, and would go back. Flexible arrangements, large garden to which visitors have access, (special facilities for walkers - as the location is slap on the first/last stage of the Offa's Dyke Path - which we didn't require) and good breakfasts..

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple