“gorgeous town!!! ”

Portmeirion Village
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Private village resort and gardens on the coast of Snowdonia in Wales open all year round from 10am to 7pm for day visits with reduced entry after 3.30pm. The village has two hotels, 15 self-catering cottages, six restaurants and cafes, six shops, a spa, an information centre, an audio visual presentation and a resident artist's gallery. Free welcome tours available from the information centre near the entrance. Closed to the public for the duration of Festival No 6 (first weekend in September)and on Christmas Day.
Useful Information: Stairs / lift, Food available for purchase, Wheelchair access, Activities for young children, Activities for older children, Bathroom facilities
Reviewed 11 October 2017 via mobile

One of the most lovely places I’ve been to in the UK! Beautiful, colourful buildings and crystal clear water. There’s plenty of shops and places to stop for lunch as well!

Write a ReviewReviews (3,076)
All reviews
in 31 reviews
"per adult"
in 52 reviews

Reviewed 11 October 2017

I LOVE Portmeirion, so was thrilled to find out there was an actual Portmeirion Village when I visited Wales. It's a beautiful place in a beautiful setting (although it did rain the entire time I was there, on both visits) and nice to walk around. Fun to see the cute gardens and architecture.

However, there isn't much of a connection to actual Portmeirion. Would be nice to see a building dedicated to the history/making of Portmeirion, or some type of small museum.

Really all there is to do there besides walk around is shop. And not exclusively for Portmeirion.

The first time I visited several years ago, there was a large seconds shop were I loaded up my suitcase. That was a major reason I returned for a second trip. Sadlly, the seconds shop has been consolidated to several shelves in the entrance to a cafe, and the prices were probably higher than I could find it first quality online. Was incredibly disappointed to travel all that way and leave empty handed.

Would also not waste your time on the "train tour." There is no (speaking) tour at all. Rather you ride a train along a bumpy path in the woods, seeing woods and a few gardens that you could easily see by walking yourself. Thought it would be a history tour or give us some more insight into the village, but there is nothing but a ride.

Nice visit but I definitely do not need to return for any reason.

Hotel_Guest_Liaison, Public Relations Manager at Portmeirion Village, responded to this reviewResponded 12 October 2017

Thank you for your feedback, although I'm slightly puzzled by your comment that there was no 'connection to Portmeirion'. We ARE Portmeirion and there are free tours, films and an information center all about the history of the place.

Reviewed 9 October 2017

Both my husband and myself huge fans of the prisoner. After years of trying to get there we made it last week, well worth the wait.

The village was bright and beautiful in the autumn sunlight, the buildings glowing in the sun, all newly painted.

It was everything we expected and more. We ate at the Town Hall,it was excellent.Food good and service too.

We spent about 4 hours here, took a trip on the free land train through the woods. Although we didn't get to see some things that the commentary said we would see.
The views from the resturant overlooking the bay are stunning with more views through the trees to the lovely buildings.

We had a wonderful coach holiday with Wilfreda beehive with everything included

I would love to visit again in the summer.

1  Thank citychick-11
Reviewed 9 October 2017

Every bit as surreal as I'd remembered from The Prisoner. Interesting to wander around, and also walk through the very beautiful surrounding woods, finding ourselves eventually at a viewpoint over the estuary as the sun began to disappear. Magical. We were staying at the Portmeirion Hotel, so had the benefit of being able to wander round in the evening too, after the crowds had gone.

Only complaint was the lunchtime food options. Had very ordinary sandwiches in a café at an extortionate price, with indifferent coffee.

1  Thank MrKemp
See more reviews
Reviewed 8 October 2017 via mobile

Recently refurbished to a very high standard in the middle of Portmeirion Village. Fantastic views over the estuary. If you want somewhere a bit different to stay then Portmeirion is the ideal location. The Sunday deal is worth considering as you can take your evening meal at the hotel or castle. We followed the advice of one of the staff and ate at the castle. The castle meal was extremely nice and was beautifully presented. We struggled to get through the three courses. There is a shuttle mini bus that will take you from the village to the castle if you don't want to walk.