Review of Goleufryn

Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Average
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Vkyblu
Barnsley, United Kingdom
“Hidden costs”
Reviewed 27 June 2017 for a stay in June 2017
person found this review helpful

I booked the house through Home away/ owners direct. We stayed at the house the 10th of June 2017. We arrived a day late due to a family wedding, we was greeted by Lesley upon our arrival who walked me around the house, I felt a little uncomfortable as Lesley seemed to give me a list of what not to do’s, she then mentioned that the price I had paid did not include my 4 dogs, on my first message I had stated that we was a large family with 4 well behaved spaniels would the house accommodate us and what would be the cost. She told me not to worry and left us to it, I felt a little uneasy by her comments and this put a little damper over the rest of my day. The rest of my party arrived and we settled into the large house and separate annex.
My brother and sister in law were in the annex, when unpacking they found some sex lube in the bed side drawer they were quite disgusted about this plus the fact that the floors in the annex felt dirty and the rafters had spiders hung from them which Lesley had explained were due to being in the country. In the main house we found the beds were comfy but although the house had been surfaced cleaned it was in need of a decent clean, under the sofa was a half-eaten Orio cookie and half a chewed dog chew, the dogs obviously being spaniels located these items straight away. We finished our holiday and left the house cleaner than we found it, may I add my sister had cleaned the annex on day 2 and the spiders did not return during our stay. It has now been 10 days since we stayed and Lesley has finally refunded part of my deposit, this has been after countless polite messages asking when it would be coming back, I think if I wouldn’t have asked for it then I would have never received it. She has deducted the £80 for my 4 dogs from my deposit saying that I should have reconfirmed that they would be coming and that the price she quoted did not include them. I’ll be honest I do feel cheated bearing in mind we cleaned the house before we left. I have stayed in countless properties with my large family and dogs and this is the first time my family members have complained about the cleanliness, I must admit I have not mentioned any of this to Lesley until she returned my deposit, mainly because I had felt slightly uneasy about the booking right from the beginning, I was given no contract and at one point after paying a deposit I panicked that I had been conned as I had received no confirmation from her, there was also no transparency with the price. Abersoch is a beautiful part of wales with some lovely beaches; we will return to Abersoch but will not return to this house.

Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing