“Mid Range Seafood”

Price range: US$14 - US$58
Cuisines: Pizza, Seafood
Good for: View
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: We are beautifully situated near the Menai Straits and are family friendly. Unfortunately we cannot accept dogs except Assistance Dogs.
Reviewed 29 June 2018

My wife and I were really looking forward to our meal at Dylan's and although we enjoyed our meal a 45 minute wait between courses took the edge off our night. We had to remind the wait-staff about our missing mains, however they did compensate us with 2 free drinks for the kitchen glitch. We were both going to order the lobster, only to be told there was none available.
The setting is good right on the Menai Strait.

2  Thank RMC47
Dylans_Restaurants, General Manager at Dylan's, responded to this reviewResponded 9 July 2018

Hello there
Thank you for your review. I'm sorry you waited 45 minutes for your main courses. We would like to be able to offer lobster every day of the week however we get sporadic deliveries when the fishermen can provide us and they do sell out quickly. We only buy locally and ethically caught lobsters.

We hope you enjoy the summer.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,776)

Reviewed 27 June 2018

I have visited Dylan's previously with my family over lunch time and enjoyed it's laid back atmosphere and decent food, so made a special return visit for dinner with my husband. Sadly it was not the same experience this time...........
The restaurant seemed chaotic from the moment we arrived, we were seated in a very noisy part of the restaurant and 2 of the large tables had numerous issues with food when it arrived.
As it happened, we had a decent meal which saved Dylan's bacon but I'm not sure whether I'd return in a hurry which is a shame as it's in a superb location.

2  Thank The_Van_Rhijns
Dylans_Restaurants, General Manager at Dylan's, responded to this reviewResponded 28 June 2018

Dear Mrs Van Rhijns
Thank you for your review about your dinner with your husband. I'm sorry you felt it was chaotic - it sometimes gets very busy with famililes; large groups celebrating and people coming for drinks - obviously we would rather convey a relaxed pace but it sometimes takes us by surprise.

We are glad you had a decent meal.

We prefer our guests to review their own table and experience rather than review other people's tables. What can come across as a table having numerous issues with food may not be what it seems and it is unfair to judge on your own perception. If there were problems, which none of us recall, we will sort it out with that customer.

We do hope to see you again another time.

Reviewed 25 June 2018

Away on a business trip and Dylans was recommended. Early dinner at about six thirty. Lots of young children in, quite noisy, not quite what I expected. Service was good and quality of food was average to good. Prices were reasonable.

Dylans need to find their niche, either go top end or cheap and cheerful. Not sure if this half way house is what they are about.

1  Thank Stevefbxl5
Reviewed 25 June 2018 via mobile

Whilst visiting Menai Bridge, we decide to stop at Dylan's for a spot of lunch. At first call, all the tables outside was full, due to the nice weather. We decided to go for a walk and try again later, and sucess, a table was available. After taking our seat and ordering drinks and food in the usual manner, we kicked back and enjoyed the wonderful view, drink, and food. Very enjoyable and relaxing, if we are in the area, we will be visiting again for sure!

Reviewed 25 June 2018 via mobile

My father and I had a great meal here. Unfortunately a table was not available when we arrived however they led us out there as soon as one became available- well worth it as the sun was shining on the straits. Thoroughly recommend the smoked chicken carbonara calzone - as I cut into it the sauce oozed out smelling amazing. It tasted absolutely fab - screw the diet! Dad had the seafood linguine with mussels from the Menai Straits which he also thoroughly enjoyed. Desserts are great too. Very reasonably priced - definitely worth a visit