“Reasonable Chinese Restaurant in Tywyn”

Happy Garden Take Away
Ranked #23 of 26 Restaurants in Tywyn
Price range: US$1 - US$18
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed 12 November 2017

Food from this restaurant is of a reasonable quality with a range of standard Chinese Restaurant dishes. Service is friendly but can be a little slow particularly at busy times, e.g. Saturday evenings.

Reviewed 2 November 2017

Ignore the poor reviews, food is excellent , very tasty and we'll prepared,
my advice would be make sure you telephone order to eliminate the long wait for a walk in order...
don't be put off, give them a try

Reviewed 2 October 2017 via mobile

Ate here twice and while the first visit was okay the second was vile.

Of particular note are the battered prawns - very tasty with nice batter.

The spare ribs salt and pepper style were amongst the most hideous things I've ever eaten - encrusted in a thick fatty coating, the grisly fatty 'meat' was unlike any rib meat I had eaten

1  Thank JGandMH
Reviewed 24 August 2017 via mobile

Wrong item, ordered beef chow mein got chicken. missing item ordered and paid for chips but we're missing when we got back to our holiday home. , small portions, for the price. chicken balls under cooked and sloppy with no taste. Had Chinese from Wales to Kent, Devon to Yorkshire and I can honestly say this is the worst I have ever had. Wish I had gone to the Indian next door. Won't be returning.

2  Thank Leeroy C
Reviewed 8 August 2017 via mobile

Here on holiday. After reading some of the other reviews on here and google I was very pleasantly surprised.

Food was great, the beef chow mein was better than our local (favourite) at home.

Chicken curry was really nice too.