“First class”

King's Cafe at Talyllyn Railway
Ranked #4 of 26 Restaurants in Tywyn
Price range: US$9 - US$12
Description: The Talyllyn Railway is a historic narrow gauge steam railway, running from Tywyn to Abergynolwyn and Nant Gwernol through unspoilt Snowdonia. Tywyn is home to the Narrow Gauge Railway Museum, Railway Shop and King's Licensed Cafe & Bistro. The line passes the delightful Dolgoch Falls and there are excellent forest walks at Nant Gwernol. We offer a great day out for all the family. Groups receive a discount when booked in advance.
Reviewed 4 September 2018

First class food of all kinds and friendly staff at very reasonable prices Plenty of space to sit and there is the opportunity to have Sunday Lunch there as well

Daniel K, Public Relations Manager at King's Cafe at Talyllyn Railway, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Thank you for your review, our Sunday Lunch is very popular and we recommend booking a table in advance.

We hope to see you again.

Reviewed 3 September 2018

I got charged 10 pound for a cake and 2 coffee's. When I sat down I checked my receipt. I noticed the lady had charged me for an extra cake. I realized that even paying for an extra cake, I should still have had 1 pound change.

I'm sorry to hear of this problem, unfortunately mistakes can happen, hopefully you raised this matter with the staff on the day so it could be rectified as soon as possible.

We hope to see you again soon, please email me your email address so I can send you a complimentary voucher.

Reviewed 30 August 2018 via mobile

The perfect start to a perfect day. The Broad Gauge Breakfast and a mug of tea at King’s Cafe before heading off for a relaxing chuff up the valley and back on the Talyllyn Railway.

What more can you say? Great value breakfast in pleasant surroundings sited on the platform of the beautifully kept Tywyn Wharf station. It’s a cafe. It does good food. Enough said.

So glad you enjoyed your breakfast with us to help you start your day on the Talyllyn. See you again soon.

Reviewed 28 August 2018

On the station, great range of beer and cider. good value food and a great breakfast. Not fine dining but a good meal and good staff and a grat place to see the trains. I will be back next year!

We're glad you enjoyed your visit to our cafe. Why not come back for our Beer and Cider festivals held throughout the year.

Reviewed 28 August 2018 via mobile

BreakfastIt was a nice breakfast for what we paid would be better parking was closer So not very good for disabled people

We're glad you had a nice breakfast, please see our Accessibility page on our website which includes Disabled Parking at Tywyn Wharf station with facilities to drop off at the end of the platform.