“Derek Roberts ”

Caffi Alys
Ranked #10 of 35 Restaurants in Machynlleth
Price range: US$5 - US$12
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Visited with family on the way from Aberystwyth . Lovely atmosphere .good service nice to hear different Welsh dialect compared to ours from Caernarfon . Just read Daily Post today . What is it with the English people who move to Wales .some have sympathy fot the language and learn sending their children to schools and learning Welsh . But some are so ignorant . What would they do in France complain they were speaking French .

6  Thank DerekWynRoberts

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

When I visit Machynlleth to see an exhibition, time allowing, I like to pop into this cafe for a cuppa and a small bite. It has a nice cheery, youngish vibe, so while there's still coffee in my cup, I can pretend to myself that I'm twenty-something again! I like hearing the staff and customers having a chat in Welsh, and the foreign tourists I've met there seem to love that too. Machynlleth is crammed with quirkyness, and Caffi Alys fits nicely in this welcoming and inclusive little town.

5  Thank Traedmawr
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

A really nice little cafe, with tasty cakes and coffee! Atmosphere is warm, friendly and welcoming! Will visit again. X

4  Thank MasonJEvans
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Caffi Alys is a little corner of cozyness in the heart of Machynlleth. Friendly and welcoming to local and visitors. Gail is a super hostess and always keen to help out if she can . Coffee is great.I can tell. I'm Italian

3  Thank Daniela L
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

I can't praise Caffi Alys enough. The staff are so warm and friendly and fluent in Welsh meaning I can order my food and converse with them in either language which is a real bonus.

There is a great choice of food and drinks and the staff were very accommodating. I'd strongly recommend Caffi Alys to anyone either living in the Machynlleth area or passing through.

5  Thank John W