“I want to live here!”
Review of Bungalows Lydia

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Bungalows Lydia
Reviewed 13 February 2012

What a great place. It is just what I had hoped to find based on photographs by others, tripadvisor reviews, and the Bungalows Lydia website.

We only stayed for 3 days, but after 2 weeks of living large in Sayulita, we found Bungalows Lydia to be the perfect place for rest and relaxation. Chilling out to the sound of the crashing waves, and watching the pelicans, dolphins and whales cruise by - it was like a I died and went to heaven. I loved sleeping to the sound of the crashing waves on the rocks below - I have read that others found it disturbing - I found it to be like a meditation, or a medication of sorts.

The pool was fabulously refreshing and I was suprised by the number of people swimming in the ocean there, although I did not try that.

Awsome spot that looks just like the website advertises. We will return next year for sure.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 28 October 2011

Stayed here Jan. 2011 in the Panorama Suite. Awesome. We knew it was the primo suite when others expressed their jealousy that we had booked it before they did. Loved the outdoor kitchen and the sound of the waves crashing below us. We are B&B owners and have very high standards - these were absolutely met and exceeded by the staff and especially Mayte and Lydia who were especially gracious hostesses. Read a negative review but find it impossible to believe. Our suite was cleaned daily and the linens were pristine.Had a bird share our banana in the outdoor kitchen (uninvited) but our fault, not his. If you want a truly restful getaway, we both recommend Bungalows Lydia.

Richard and Julie

• Stayed: January 2011
1  Thank Maynestay
Reviewed 27 October 2011

Last summer my husband and I stayed in the Panoramic Suite in Bungalows Lydia and we loved it!! The suite allows you to experience beautiful sun sets and sunrises and to listen to the the sometimes powerful ocean breeze or experience its calmness. We were surprised about how much we had forgotten our deep connection to the land, the ocean and to nature, coming from a very busy and always connected life. After a day, we felt completely relaxed and just loved walking around the beautiful beaches and jungle, listening to the ocean, taking a nap in the open palapa, walking into town for a great meal and walking around town to see the beautiful town and talk with the locals. Our suite was comfortable and the open air kitchen was cute. I liked that they use organic cleaning for the infinity pool and for general cleaning.
Also, Lydia and Mayte, the owners and managers of this beautiful idyllic,and secluded beach are great people. We were treated to fresh coconuts when we were relaxing in the main palapa during our stay. I highly recommend Bungalows Lydia for people who like a mixture of amenities and also to experience nature. If you would not like this close proximity then the Blue moon suite or other of the closed in suites will be better. I should also say that they do have wireless internet, so even though you do relax you aren't completely unplugged. Another thing to consider is that there is no restaurant there so you have to either shop for groceries in the main town and have dinner at the wonderful local restaurants after nice walk through an unpaved jungle road, that's beautiful. There is Mexican typical fare to a very up-scale Mexican fare that was fantastic. It is not a mass tourist area which is exactly why everything is intimate and personal and why we really liked it!!

Room Tip: If you do not want to hear the ocean breeze and do not like an open air kitchen choose one of the ot...
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 October 2011

My husband and I stayed here last winter, but forgot to write a review. Since I saw another post about bed bugs I thought I should mention that we also experienced them when we stayed. My husband had a number of bites on him and we didn't know where they were coming from. We didn't realize that the bed was covered in them until the last night when it was too late to get out of there. We stayed up the whole night flicking bugs off as they came near us. It really tainted the whole trip.

They were also doing construction while we were there that they did not tell us about (I'm talking buzz saws and jack hammers) so it was not relaxing to sit in the patio area at all.

Another thing to consider if you get the Panoramic suite as we did that with an outdoor kitchen you are likely to run into the problem of bugs. You have to cook your food and clean up before it gets dark as when you have artificial light bugs get attracted to it. Cooking was NOT fun in the outdoor kitchen.

Last but not least, it is simply not worth the money. Overpriced to be sure.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled as a couple
10  Thank acubitt123
SanPancho, Manager at Bungalows Lydia, responded to this reviewResponded 17 October 2011

First, we regret when any one of our guests is unhappy. We work hard to ensure that doesn't happen. We work hard so that Bungalows Lydia is always clean, comfortable, and relaxing.

Our hotel is meant to be a return to nature. In nature, yes, insects sometimes intrude upon Idyllic Beach-Front Utopias. We are sorry about that, but our 24/7 ocean breezes usually sweep them away.

Our guest had trouble with some flying insects and with some kind of biting insect, too. Okay. But we can assure you that these were *not* bedbugs. For the most hygienic sleep, we encase our mattresses in rubber-lined covers (which also, happily, prevent bedbugs). All guest rooms are swept daily, and all floors are washed daily. Sheets are high-heat-treated as part of the normal wash cycle. In this environment, it is difficult for unwanted pests (of any kind) to survive.

Once again, we are sorry that even one single guest went away unhappy. Yes, Bungalows Lydia is an open-air, tropical paradise; but even in the Garden of Eden, there were a few insects.

Reviewed 19 August 2011

My husband and I stumbled on to this secluded spot while on a long and bumpy scooter ride. As soon as you reach the front gate you know you have found something special. There is an eternity pool like no other, Imagine watching whales breach as you stare out from this pool. Pelicans glide by, dolphins splash through, it is truly amazing. On our second visit, we decided our families and friends must experience this place, what better excuse than a WEDDING! They out did them selves to make everyone comfortable and to make our wedding special. They even managed fireworks! If you are looking for an intimate wedding spot, look no further. We had native flowers, fantastic live music and tortillas made on site, fresh for dinner. Thank you Bungalows Lydia!

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
Amor Boutique Hotel
#4 of 10 in Sayulita
17.6 km away
Grand Sirenis Matlali Hills Resort & Spa
Grand Sirenis Matlali Hills Reso...
#1 of 2 in La Cruz de Huanacaxtle
2.4 km away
Surf House San Pancho
Surf House San Pancho
#2 of 14 in San Francisco

Been to Bungalows Lydia? Share your experiences!