“Brunch at caracol”

Marenas Beach Resort
Ranked #2 of 10 Hotels in Sunny Isles Beach
Reviewed 28 May 2012

Dissapointing. Selection was not very good, and food was not replaced fast enough. definitely expected beter for the price. They even ran out of plates so we just had to wait around until they replaced them.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
Gaby S, Front Office Manager at Marenas Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 19 July 2012

Thank you for your comments, we regret that the brunch was not what you expected and deserved. We take all feedback very seriously, Your comments will help us address the issues you brought to our attention so we can improve our service and selction. We hope that you will return to try our brunch in the near future.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,622)

Reviewed 22 May 2012

We stayed at Marenas Resort 5/18 - 5/20/12. The hotel is directly on the beach and is modern, beautiful, kept immaculately & we truly enjoyed our stay. We had a room that faced both the ocean & the intra-coastal on the 15th floor. We took advantage of the view from our balcony. I want to especially thank Debbie, who was our server during lunch and who also made us the most delicious Mojito later that evening. Best Mojito I ever had! I would highly recommend this hotel.
The only negative thing I would mention is that the bathroom lighting seemed insufficient. It was difficult to see when I shaved & when my wife put on her make-up. Otherwise it was the perfect getaway for us.

1  Thank Loub961

Thank you for your comments, we will make sure that Debbie knows the great service she provided. We are very honored that we we able to create a memorbale experience. Please keep us in mind when your travel plans take you to the area again

Reviewed 21 May 2012

The resort is very lovely and the lobby smells fresh and clean. The room was large and nice with plenty of space - especially liked the balcony. It's a great relaxation resort. Two drawbacks, 1. The pool and outdoor area is extremely small, 2. This isn't the kind of resort where you can party and have fun.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank casper181
Reviewed 14 May 2012

This was a business trip. I booked this hotel because it was listed on the comany travel site and its proximity to my work. Website looked very good., however, this is a complete misrepresentation of the hotel.
I was a very late check in, 3am. Night desk clerk, Luis C, did not utter a word ,except to throw me my keycard with a surly "room 208".Surely, welcome to Marenas or even hello would not have killed him?? I had to ask what floor it was on and where the elevator was.
Room- Small, carpet was filthy, someone had left their yogurt in the mini fridge that had not been cleaned out, bathroom was huge, coat hook missing on the wall with a fist size hole remaining,balcony "glass wall" was so dirty you could not see through it. I actually had to put a large scarf on the bed and pillow so I didn't touch the actual bedding. Carpet in hallways were severely frayed , walls were discolored with leaks from ac running down the walls. Disgusting is how I would describe the experience. One of my co workers stayed for 4 days and his room was not cleaned for his entire stay even tho he called and asked for it to be done.Pool was closed due to chemical issue while I was there however looking at the pool I would think you would lose a limb due to toxicity it looked so dirty should you use it.
BTW on check out next morning, the same Luis C was on the desk the same surly attitude so it wasn't that he was having a bad day on check in. Safe to say this is how he is, not a good representation for the tourist trade.
Bottom line - Avoid at all costs!!!!! and not cheap either. I do have photos which I will upload as proof.

Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
5  Thank ericawho
Reviewed 14 May 2012

Room not four star i give it 2 and half woke to 2 loud bangs glass and breaking sheets in bushes caution tape on walkway to pool talked to front desk no one knew any thing about it i took pictures called manager never got a return call from any one did not feel safe and did not sleep at all next night will not stay at this location or any other property owned by this corp . sunday brunch stared 15 minutes late over all bad experience i guess by not talking about incident they thought it would just go away well it did not

Room Tip: roll the dice