1,901 results
All reviews full kitchen sunny isles valet parking wrap around balcony washer dryer living room small pool ocean view aventura mall nice resort hotel restaurant valet service the entire staff an umbrella rental car lounge chairs south florida
Reviewed 22 May 2012

We stayed at Marenas Resort 5/18 - 5/20/12. The hotel is directly on the beach and is modern, beautiful, kept immaculately & we truly enjoyed our stay. We had a room that faced both the ocean & the intra-coastal on the 15th floor. We took advantage of the view from our balcony. I want to especially thank Debbie, who was our server during lunch and who also made us the most delicious Mojito later that evening. Best Mojito I ever had! I would highly recommend this hotel.
The only negative thing I would mention is that the bathroom lighting seemed insufficient. It was difficult to see when I shaved & when my wife put on her make-up. Otherwise it was the perfect getaway for us.

1  Thank Loub961
Gaby S, Front Office Manager at Marenas Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 19 July 2012

Thank you for your comments, we will make sure that Debbie knows the great service she provided. We are very honored that we we able to create a memorbale experience. Please keep us in mind when your travel plans take you to the area again

Reviewed 21 May 2012

The resort is very lovely and the lobby smells fresh and clean. The room was large and nice with plenty of space - especially liked the balcony. It's a great relaxation resort. Two drawbacks, 1. The pool and outdoor area is extremely small, 2. This isn't the kind of resort where you can party and have fun.

Date of stay: March 2012
1  Thank casper181
Reviewed 14 May 2012

This was a business trip. I booked this hotel because it was listed on the comany travel site and its proximity to my work. Website looked very good., however, this is a complete misrepresentation of the hotel.
I was a very late check in, 3am. Night desk clerk, Luis C, did not utter a word ,except to throw me my keycard with a surly "room 208".Surely, welcome to Marenas or even hello would not have killed him?? I had to ask what floor it was on and where the elevator was.
Room- Small, carpet was filthy, someone had left their yogurt in the mini fridge that had not been cleaned out, bathroom was huge, coat hook missing on the wall with a fist size hole remaining,balcony "glass wall" was so dirty you could not see through it. I actually had to put a large scarf on the bed and pillow so I didn't touch the actual bedding. Carpet in hallways were severely frayed , walls were discolored with leaks from ac running down the walls. Disgusting is how I would describe the experience. One of my co workers stayed for 4 days and his room was not cleaned for his entire stay even tho he called and asked for it to be done.Pool was closed due to chemical issue while I was there however looking at the pool I would think you would lose a limb due to toxicity it looked so dirty should you use it.
BTW on check out next morning, the same Luis C was on the desk the same surly attitude so it wasn't that he was having a bad day on check in. Safe to say this is how he is, not a good representation for the tourist trade.
Bottom line - Avoid at all costs!!!!! and not cheap either. I do have photos which I will upload as proof.

Date of stay: April 2012
Trip type: Travelled on business
5  Thank ericawho
Reviewed 14 May 2012

Room not four star i give it 2 and half woke to 2 loud bangs glass and breaking sheets in bushes caution tape on walkway to pool talked to front desk no one knew any thing about it i took pictures called manager never got a return call from any one did not feel safe and did not sleep at all next night will not stay at this location or any other property owned by this corp . sunday brunch stared 15 minutes late over all bad experience i guess by not talking about incident they thought it would just go away well it did not

Room tip: roll the dice
2  Thank st1100mark
Reviewed 13 May 2012

This is a really nice property, great location with direct beach access. Our room was clean. Being a beach property sand and water marks were not a big issue for us. The food was good and beach bar was pricey. We loved free valet parking. Employees Pierre and Jevonne did a great job on the setting up guest at the beach and remembered our names and Junior in the front lobby was great as well.
I would recommend beach activities for the guest during the day and a bigger sign on Collins Avenue. It is very easy to pass the Resort since the hedges are bigger than the sign out front and the driveway sits on a steep hill. Overall, we would recommend this resort and visit again.

Room tip: Our view was of ocean and the bay. Stay away from rooms near the elavators.