Comfort Inn North Shore
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Breakfast included
  • Restaurant
  • Room Service
All reviewsbudget hotelmini barthree nightsmajor roadper nightthe room was nicebasic accommodationbit datedwithin easy walking distancewi ficomfortable roomsthe ground floorpublic transportshort staygood sizeexpress busconvenient location
Reviewed 16 November 2017 via mobile

Motel is outdated, the room has old furniture. My room was on the other side, which was very odd. Because it’s on an incline, I had to take the stairs up to get to the ground level where the main reception area.

The room was clean but had a strange chemical smell that lingered. The towels were thick and in good condition but didn’t like the liquid soap, shampoo and conditioner in dispensers. The water pressure was really poor, so showering was not pleasant. I found the bed comfortable, sheets were clean and they had a choice of pillows.

Milk was not topped up. Wifi was slow. I could hear the couple next door having a conversation late one night.

The menu for dinner had no vegetarian meals and I didn’t like the price. The restaurant is situated on the first floor, making it difficult if not impossible for people with a physical disability to get to it. I walked for about 10minutes down the road and found some lovely cafes.

Because of the location, vehicles can only turn left onto the hwy, making it a longer travel and difficult to get to North Sydney. And because of the location, getting a taxi was painful and you were left on your own to call the taxi company to find out where the taxi was.

My experience with the staff was that they were friendly.

It wasn’t too bad but it wasn’t that great either. I won’t stay here again.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 3 November 2017

Spent two night here. Was in Sydney for medical appointments - one at RPA at Camperdown and the other at Bella Vista the following day, so I thought that I would camp somewhere between the two.
This place is not the easiest to find because it is in a very narrow side street and the entrance is very narrow, only one vehicle at a time. There seems to be plenty of parking once inside but the place is a bit of a rabbit warren.Despite being just off the highway I didn't notice any traffic noise.
However the tariff is great for a motel in this part of town and the rooms are fine. Nothing too extravagant, even a bit dated but spot on for cleanliness,and the view from many of the rooms is fabulous. You can even see aircraft coming and going at Mascot Airport.
The restaurant is fairly basic. The evenings entertainment is mine host, a gentleman of Italian heritage with the flair to match. I can't say that my meals were anything other than your basic home cooked style.
Breakfast was also different. If you intend having bacon and eggs take my tip. Ask for the eggs to be properly cooked so that the white is white and not translucent and unless you prefer your bacon fried to a crisp, ask for it to be flexible.
Newspapers are free in the restaurant at breakfast time.
Anyhow I will stay here again. It is good value. Wi Fi is free. Staff very friendly and helpful.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank Pioneer18
Reviewed 9 June 2017

I stayed at this hotel for three nights at the end of April, choosing it purely on price as it was the cheapest "decent" hotel anywhere near Sydney CBD. The hotel itself was absolutely fine, with friendly reception staff and clean, comfortable rooms. I was spending all my days and evenings in the CBD, and as a non-driver was reliant on public transport. Which, in Sydney, is pretty good. There are plenty of buses serving the main road outside the hotel, all of which will take you to / from St Leonards station for frequent trains, and around half directly to / from the CBD. Artarmon station is also walkable, albeit around 20 minutes away. At weekends, there are even buses all night on a roughly hourly frequency. So while it might be more convenient to stay in the city centre a staggering distance from the nightlife, staying here is perfectly feasible and can save you a packet. My only criticism would be that the internet signal was very weak in my room (middle of lower level).

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 6 May 2017 via mobile

This place is so peaceful and quiet we got the rest we needed. Free wi-fi and comfy bed. Easy to get to and from the Pacific Motorway and even easier to get back on the motorway. Mini bar facilities have a great selection if nibbles, beer, wine and soft drinks. At $129 per night it is reasonably priced and definitely worth it. Well done we'll be back.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 2 May 2017

My sisters and I stayed in the two room family apartment on the ground floor which was absolutely spotless. Lane Cove shops and restaurants are just around the corner within easy walking distance and we enjoyed excellent Italian fare for dinner there. On Sunday morning we had the buffet breakfast, with a hot breakfast available if we had wanted it. We walked to the bus interchange and caught the express bus to the city (16 minutes) which was excellent. The staff are extremely polite and cheerful, and nothing is too much trouble. The beds were really comfortable and we were surprised that it was so quiet, being that it's on a major road. Our stay here was lovely and I would highly recommend this hotel, and will stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled with family