“Sadly disappointed ”

Add it.
Bear Brasserie
Ranked #11 of 18 Restaurants in Westmead
Reviewed 20 January 2016 via mobile

We were on a return visit to Westmead to attend clinic appointments and wanted a nice late breakfast.

Sadly this time we were disappointed in the cooked breakfast from Bear Brasserie. It didn't rate as well with us this time as it once had on a number of previous visits.

We were definitely not a fan of being presented with beef bacon! It would have been nice for it to be pointed out when we ordered that the bacon was not actually bacon.

Reviewed 3 September 2015

I find that, considering parents are encouraged to take an active part in looking after their children, there is simply nowhere healthy and nourishing to eat.....I recently had to remain with my son there for five days, and by the end of it, not only had I spent an inordinate amount of money, but really had nothing fulfilling or healthy to show for it.....of course if you live close, then it would make sense to bring your own food or simply, go home, but unfortunately we had to be there for an emergency op. so the opportunity wasn't available to us.

Theres a small starbuck stand, that had a semblance of a salad and muesli with yoghurt, not too bad, but as far as Bear Brasserie is concerned, the service was extremely slow and the staff weren't overly friendly, two things that are sooooo important when dealing with parents of, in most cases sick children!

Also this cafe is not open weekends, which to me is completely unbelievable, my advice, be prepared!!

2  Thank Shauna1103
Reviewed 11 March 2015

Convenient location and acceptable coffee. Kid sized milkshakes a bonus. Staff were none too friendly but maybe it had been a hard morning.

Reviewed 20 February 2015 via mobile

I've eaten here several times and although the food is okay (nothing special) I think the menu is overpriced. It's a convenient location. The customer service is a little rusty.

1  Thank Simon A
Reviewed 2 February 2015

Horrible management slow staff and food over priced and burnt coffee !! Don't waste ur money better off using the vending machines in hospital at least u know it's fresh and not over priced and you don't have to wait a life time to get it

3  Thank Lmaj124