All reviews caravan park the river camp kitchen powered site peak time walking distance beach front holiday spot football field local hotel sports facilities clean facilities dump point great location right on the beach great walk great site wonderful family
Reviewed 2 June 2018

This park has great position and is very big with a lot of sites although we went out of season I can only imagine how busy it would be In peak season.We had a great site on the hill with the waters edge walkway virtually outside our door amenities short stroll and always spotless.Staff friendly and good price as we were in low rate season.

There is a football field in the middle of the park but even though they had training on it the noise level never bothered us. There is not a lot in the park for kids to play on but a great park is just out the front.You can walk to shops and eateries and great location to throw in a line.

Date of stay: May 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 May 2018

Having reason to visit Geelong regularly...this is the best park to stay in that is within shooting distance of that city. Its location is superb and whilst my head tells me to try somewhere else, my heart tells me to keep coming back. The facilities are OK, the sites are very well worn, but there are some stunning choices with views. The thing that stops me giving it a 5 star rating is the predominance of long term vans that are very poorly maintained....some of them looking like junkyards that are used very infrequently. It looks like some of those should be kicked out and the sites offered to people that may actually take some pride in their vans and not have old bikes, washing machines and decrepit shades and shelters laying around

Room tip: Choose a site along the "Ridge" some are quite secluded with great views
Date of stay: April 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 April 2018

We spent 6 days here over Easter and it was great. Clean facilities, kids loved it and the footy on Saturday was great. Close to shops, cafes and the pub. Great bike tracks down the river to Ocean Grove or to skate park. Staff are friendly and helpful.

Date of stay: March 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 30 April 2018 via mobile

I have been holidaying here for over 60 years, firstly with my Gran, then for the last 40 years with my husband and family.
We have seen so many improvements in the park, all for the better. When we started camping here there was no electricity at site, we relied on gas lamps, ice blocks from the iceman. The showers were coin operated, open to the weather and no laundry.
The beaches are safe for children of all ages, as they get older the surf beaches are close by.
For the anglers, there is beach,pier, rock or surf fishing, depending on the tides and weather.
There are plenty of wonderful venues for eating and great coffee all day long.
Ample shops for the shopaholics.
Children are catered for with plenty of parks, playgrounds and safe beaches.
Amusement Parks, wineries and major shopping centres are close by.

Date of stay: December 2017
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 30 April 2018 via mobile

This year we have been lucky enough to secure a 3 month site in this park for our caravan. We have been coming back every year for the last 6 years. The parks staff are the best we have come across and will bend over backwards to help you. The location is second to none no need for a car walking distance to everything you need. I would recommend this park to anyone and I am sure they will love it too.

Date of stay: April 2018