Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 24 May 2016

I was taken here by my partner on a surprise night away in Beechworth. Our host was most welcoming and friendly and was very clear about how to access the room and house and how to order breakfast etc....Our room was very traditional with lace and floral everywhere. We shared the room with multiple teddy bears and dolls - some cute, some creepy. The en-suite was a good size however I would have liked to have seen more toiletries and some back up toilet paper would have been handy as we essentially used the 3/4 of a roll that we were provided with before we went to dinner and forgot to ask for more before we left to go out! Breakfast was to be ordered the night before and we were told it would be served in the communal dining room at some ungodly hour of the morning (something like 8am from memory). Given we were there for just one night and we wanted to make the most of a bit of a sleep in, we opted not to order breakfast.

Reviewed 28 April 2016 via mobile

Quaint and beautifully kept rooms. Stunning extensive gardens, really loved the small private garden areas with table and chairs for each room.Very friendly and accommodating owners, breakky was great. Fantastic central location. Will definitely be back again

Reviewed 13 April 2016

The Rose Cottage is truly a step back in time with a magnificent collection of Victoriana. The place is spotlessly clean and the beds are very comfortable. Our friends and I really enjoyed our cooked to order breakfasts which were taken in a dining room overlooking the gardens. I was disappointed that the rooms did not have a little fridge which meant no fresh milk for tea or coffee.

Reviewed 21 March 2016

We were warmly welcomed by Tony and shown to our room. It was wonderfully decorated and everywhere you looked there was something interesting to talk about. The bed was extremely comfortable and the bathroom had been remodelled to include a spa bath, which my wife enjoyed. The breakfast was well done. Everything was laid out ready for when you arrived. The meal was then cooked for you. If you are a small eater I would suggest that you look carefully at the breakfast list because I was unable to complete my bacon, egg, tomato on a piece of toast. I mad the mistake of also ordering toast and jam. It was a shame to have to waste it.
Our only disappointment was that on a Tuesday night there were very few places open to get dinner. We eventually went to the hotel up the road and had a reasonable meal.

Room tip: All the three rooms are wonderful and quiet.
Date of stay: March 2016
1  Thank Terry M
Reviewed 6 January 2016

My wife and I stayed at The Rose Cottage for several nights in early November 2015 and enjoyed the wonderful hospitality of Lyn and Tony. Our room and ensuite was beautifully appointed in the old world style befitting this lovely old home and beautiful garden. Our bed was very comfy and so was the sitting room attached to our bedroom.
At the end of each day, we sat with a cuppa looking out at this wonderful scented garden enjoying the peace and quiet while we recharged our batteries before dinner. Each morning we tucked into a great breakfast of our choice.
We can recommend this lovely home to anyone and look forward to a return visit.

Room tip: Each room is beautiful, the one with the spa is a little larger.
Date of stay: November 2015