“A great place to stay right in the heart of Beechworth!”
Review of Armour Motor Inn

Armour Motor Inn
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Beechworth
Reviewed 13 November 2017

We spent a long weekend in Beechworth and really glad we chose the Armour Inn to stay for 3 nights. Fiona is a great host and very proud of the motor inn which is very clean. It has a lovely balcony where we got to enjoy the afternoon sun and is a short walk (3 mins) to the Beechworth Bakery. The host Fiona allocated us Room 11 (second level) which was a little private given the trees had grown and provided a kind of shield/protection.

Room Tip: Room 11 (second level) was a good one for us
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 5 November 2017

Always friendly and accommodating
The Armour is perfectly located in central Beechworth and staff were accommodating, friendly and highly recommended, will use again. My room was little noisy being near a road, but great overall.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 1 November 2017

We chose this motel due to the comments on here and everyone was right. It is right in the center of town so a short walk to restaurants as well as local tourist attractions. Our room was on the ground floor and looked out to the garden- very nice. The heater was ready to go and our room was nice and warm. The managers were just lovely - from their recommendations for dinner, suggestions on places to see and then on the morning we left helping us to hose off the bird poo that had appeared on our car. All in all a lovely stay in Beechworth. We will be back and stay longer next time.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 November 2017 via mobile

I rolled up on my Harley and instead of being looked at like a bikie I was made feel very welcome. Fiona and I chatted for about 20mins before I got to my room which she had upgraded me for the night.

She allowed me to park my harley undercover in the driveway which I apreciated.

Thanks Fiona. See you next year when I'm in town.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 31 October 2017

The Armour is perfectly located in central Beechworth and always accommodating and friendly, whether I'm visiting with my wife or - as last weekend - as part of a group of motoryclists on tour. While the building is very 1970s, the rooms are large, the beds are excellent and all other facilities also modern and of good standard, while there is a nice garden outlook from the front rooms (ask for one). The owners and staff are always friendly and helpful and last weekend invited us to park our motorcycles undercover in the entrance area to protect them from a coming storm, which we appreciated.

Room Tip: Ask for one of the front downstairs rooms with direct access to the small but very pleasant garden.
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled with friends