“Filthy”

Cuisines: Australian
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 23 July 2017

The place was warm and welcoming but the food was nothing to write home about, what really worried me was that it was just on leaving the restaurant I noticed the abundance of dead flies and cobwebs around the top of the exit sign. Disgraceful. Had I seen this first I would not have set foot in the place.

Reviewed 11 July 2017

Four of us lunched at the McCawber Tavern recently. On a chilly Melbourne day, this was a welcome refuge. Fitted out like a old English tavern, with horse brasses, open fire, a central bar and good pub food. Obviously a favourite spot as it was crowded. An extensive menu, there was something for everyone, kids menu too. Live music added to the atmosphere. It wouldn't have taken much persuasion to settle in for the afternoon !

Reviewed 29 May 2017

20 of our friends plus us went to a Sunday lunch at this Tavern. It was warm and inviting on a cold Sunday afternoon. There is an extensive menu ranging in price from $20- $35 for main courses. The service was a little slow as there was a full house. So you need to book. I think the staff did a good job under the circumstances. I think a few more staff would have helped. Would go back again. There was a musician singing and playing an electric piano and he was excellent.

Reviewed 28 May 2017 via mobile

Pretty good food apart from the burger which is soggy. Here at lunch time have to wait 45 minutes for food. But the food is actually not bad.

Reviewed 2 May 2017

Been here several times over past couple of years, for live music at night and most recently for a large group lunch. All the staff were wonderful with our guests ranging from 9 yrs to 73 yrs of age. I love the decor and atmosphere.....very homely. No complaints about the meals and nice vegetarian options too. I'll be back again!