“Great breakfast and service”
Review of Church & Main

Church & Main
Ranked #35 of 52 Restaurants in Healesville
Cuisines: Australian
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 20 August 2017 via mobile

Dropped in for coffee and we were pleased with the service so decided to return the next morning for breakfast. There were thirteen of us and we were very happy with the service again. The girls did a great job meeting all our requests with a smile. The food was good and apart from a couple of eggs that needed a little more cooking, just a bit runny for some, every enjoyed it. Coffee was good and our tea arrived with the food as requested. Prices were reasonable so would return if in the area again. You could probably get better but we were very satisfied with the service we received.

Reviewed 5 August 2017

decided to drop in for breakie on a saterday morning ,was about 8 other people seated in there so not to busy,we ordered the big breakie Canadian pancakes, and French toast,and 2 coffees. where to start dam,,, one of the Canadian pancakes was near black,it had black burnt bits rite through the food,same with the French toast ,it had burnt bits rite through the meal,my big breakie,the eggs were burnt and so overcooked on the bottom,and the egg was raw on top,my sausages looked as if they were cooked yesterday,same goes for the hashbrown and mushrooms and spinach,it all looked pre-cooked and reheated, the coffee was good,but it took me about 6-8 minuates to get the attention of the staff too order another as they really diddnt seem interested,as they never checked on us.

the only reason I diddnt complain is because my girlfriend knew one of the server's and she diddnt want me to cause a scene,but overall a pretty awful experience,,give this place a miss for breakie for sure.

Reviewed 9 July 2017 via mobile

Visiting Healesville this place is the first cafe you see on the corner coming from Melbourne. We wondered up and down the street and most places were packed (except this place which had plenty of table- was this a sign?). Ordered the big breakfast (gluten free) for lunch and it came without the hashbrown- not sure why no hashbrown as they are normally gluten free. This meal was very average. It was like the chef had just slapped everything on a very greasy dirty grill then plonked it on my plate. The bacon was covered in oil and muck from the grill- not nice. The sausage was cold (as if cooked and was sitting awaiting someone to order one), the baked beans were hot (straight from the microwave possibly). My wife had the gnocchi and it looked like a plate of slop- sounded good on menu but it turned out to be a pumpkin cheesy creamy mush- way below expectations. For the prices charged here- really not good enough.
Kids had pizza and chips. The chips would have been good but tasted fishy? Possibly dirty oil not sure.

Reviewed 14 June 2017 via mobile

We came in with our two young children, both under 3 on the long weekend , this place was the only place at the time with tables ,we decided to share a couple of starters, as the main meals were extremely expensive . We bought the trio of dips 15 dollars for 5 tiny triangles of Turkish bread and Coles dips , 17 dollars for entree calamari ...which included 5 tiny nuggets on a bed of soggy over dressed lettuce and 10 dollars for a bowl of chips with a few shards of cheese . I saw other mains and meals come out and could not believe the tiny servings for what they expect you to pay . We weren't the only ones with shocked looks on our faces when our food arrived . I heard one women complain about the open steak sandwich , which looked terrible .I know they rack up the prices in these little tourist towns but this is beyond a joke . We left feeling hungry and completely ripped off ! And a bucket of old dirty broken toys doesn't class as family friendly, I wouldn't let my dog play with some of the filthy toys on offer . We have friends go through the area regularly and will be advising to stay clear

Reviewed 6 June 2017 via mobile

Dinner was delicious, the crunchy chicken salad with strawberries was a highlight.
We went back for more the next morning and had 1 x French toast and 1 x smashed avo and eggs.
Again excellent meals.