“Not Quite Right”

Cuisines: Australian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 9 August 2017

Went for dinner while staying in Healesville. One of us ordered Bangers and Mash, a main course serve. The other meal was Asian Sticky Pork Belly which was dreadful.
The bangers meal was ok, not a huge serve, but the Pork Belly was undercooked and looked and tasted like a lump of rubber. I have had this meal at other places and this looked nothing like what I was served. I did complain and the meal was brought back to me and plonked on the table and I was told it was fine that it was not undercooked.. I did not eat it and also the Chef came out of the kitchen and glared at me I swear.

Reviewed 9 August 2017

I went there with Ashley for Dinner on Sunday night for her 30th Birthday and we both had the same thing to eat. Also I had a small glass of Raspberry Lemonade and Ashley had a glass of water to drink.

Reviewed 7 July 2017

Went to the RSL for dinner twice. On the first night we had a reasonable meal for a reasonable price. ON the second occasion we were told to wait for 45 minutes which would have meant eating at 8.00 p.m. We went somewhere else.

Reviewed 14 June 2017

We only chanced upon the RSL in Healesville as it was a Monday and nothing seemed opened. I wish we'd come sooner. Even better the child ate free.

Meals eaten were blue whiting, lamb shoulder, crumbed squid, salmon, and a child's chicken strips. The vegetables served with our meals were the best I've eaten at a bistro for many years. Fresh crisp steamed beans, broccoli, carrots and chat potatoes. Salsa Verde on my salmon was very tasty. All round every one said their meals were very good.

If you want a good wholesome, tasty meal, filling and well presented then I'd say go here. A big plus to the RSL for the child's meal being real chicken in the chicken strips and even coming with a serve of vegetables (even though most children won't eat them at least they're offered and some children will at least eat some of it).

I would definitely bring my family back to this RSL bistro.

Reviewed 1 June 2017 via mobile

Always a good meal. Prompt service. Generous servings. Good value. This is our go to restaurant in Healesville. Lunch or dinner.