“Truly unique experience, memories of a lifetime!”

Mt Dandenong Imperial Retreat
Ranked #3 of 3 Kalorama B&B and Inns
Reviewed 1 November 2012

I have always wanted to stay in a hotel with Imperial decor and a true and genuine touch of Chinese culture and history. It came as a surprise when I found this little 3 rooms resort in the midst of Mount Dandanong. The resort took 8 years to build, and even though it is only 90% done at the time of my arrival (I was their second guest!), it is looking exactly (and maybe even better) than the Imperial Palace of China. The resort was built with such attention to details that all tiny pieces of decorations are from China and some of them are tailored made to suit the size of the rooms and furniture. It is like a home away from home. We spent the night there as our last day of honeymoon and we dressed up in imperial costumes (which were provided in our Emperor Room) for us to take photos of. It was truly a memorable and unique experience that we will bring into our marriage. Breakfast was provided and you have a choice of Chinese or English, we chose the Chinese breakfast which was served on exquisite Qing Dynasty porcelain and fine utensils. It was truly a dream come true for a Chinese historian like myself. I really enjoyed it. The view was simply spectacular - at night, you see the city of melbourne sparkling like stars and glow worms in front of your eyes and in the morning, you are surrounded by trees and fresh smell of flowers and calla lillies with the accompaniment and stream water sounds coming from the Chinese pavilion. I know I loved the experience and will surely come back with my children in years to come.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank RendyNg

Travellers also viewed these Kalorama hotels
1.4 km away
1.2 km away
Tranquility Cottage
Tranquility Cottage
#2 of 2 in Kalorama

Been to Mt Dandenong Imperial Retreat? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Mt Dandenong Imperial Retreat

Address: 4 Bayview Tce, Kalorama, Victoria 3766, Australia
Region: Australia > Victoria > Kalorama
Ranked #3 of 3 B&Bs / Inns in Kalorama
Hotel Class:4.5 star — Mt Dandenong Imperial Retreat 4.5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Agoda and Expedia so you can book your Mt Dandenong Imperial Retreat reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.