“Great satay seafood pies”
Review of Country Cob Bakery

Country Cob Bakery
Ranked #2 of 2 Bakeries in Kyneton
Reviewed 29 June 2018 via mobile

After reading about Country Cob Bakery's recent accolades in the Great Australia Pie Awards, I thought I'd drop in for a bite of lunch seeing I was in Kyneton anyhow.

My daughter and I arrived at midday where I had to queue up as the bakery was quite busy. I ordered the award winning seafood satay pie. I also went to order their chilli con carne pie but was told they had already sold out. I then ordered their Thai curry pie but yet again sold out. Both of these pies also received awards. In the end I settled for a cheese, bacon and beef pie.

After receiving the pies, we sat down in an area inside the bakery which was also busy. Now back to the pies..... The seafood satay pie was amazing. The satay sauce was sweet with a slight chilli bite to it. The pie had two large prawns and fish in the sauce. Overall this pie was delicious and I can see why it won an Australian pie award. The cheese, bacon and beef pie was nice but on a par with others that I have tasted at other bakeries within the Macedon Ranges.

Overall, we pleased to have visited the bakery and would call in again next time we're in Kyneton.

Reviewed 29 June 2018 via mobile

Not disappointed. Tried the satay fish pie. Never thought I would go for it, but yummy. The mince meat pie is also now a firm favorite. The pastry was light and complemented the filling. Jam doughnuts were the best, so full of jam, enough to share with your chin. Also had the vanilla slice. Now this was seriously good. Creamy light vanilla filling with my favorite, thick icing.
Go for day trip to Kyneton and take pies and pastries home. The best.

Reviewed 24 June 2018 via mobile

We’re positive the alleged award winning pies are not the same ones we got served. Very average, pastry average, and the ingredients seemed like prepackaged frozen product.
Then they didn’t like where we sat, and even tried to usher us outside in the freezing cold.

Reviewed 3 May 2018

I can rarely find a decent Ham & Salad Roll here in Auz, but this was really delish. Finished it off with a pretty yummy Vanilla Slice, I would definitely come back here if we were in the area and would suggest it to all.

Reviewed 18 April 2018

Best bakery in Kyneton for delicious cakes and pastries.
Relaxing,and quaint surroundings. So look forward returning for a hot pie .Staff are friendly and busy as it is very popular.