“Best meal in a long time!”
Review of Cracker Barrel

Cracker Barrel
Ranked #12 of 137 Restaurants in Mount Juliet
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We stopped in for supper after a flight arriving into Nashville and we were starved. The server was prompt to take our order and swiftly arrived with our drinks. Our meal wasn't far behind. She was wonderful to keep our beverages refilled, make sure everything tasted delicious, and see if we wanted more bread or anything at all. It was a wonderful experience! My meatloaf dinner was almost as good as my homemade meatloaf and I make a darn good one. My husband was equally delighted with his grilled chicken salad.

Date of visit: May 2021
Write a reviewReviews (138)

Reviewed 29 March 2021

Generally I love eating at Cracker Barrel and always have a great experience. We eat at Cracker Barrel restaurants when we travel and have always gotten good food, good service and have a pleasant time. That being said, I can honestly say this was the worst experience at a Cracker Barrel I have ever had. My wife and I had our youngest daughter and her son join us. I would like to chalk it up as Cracker Barrel was having a bad day because of the overwhelming number of good experiences I have had over the years with CB.

When we arrived, they told us there would be a 30 minute wait before we could be seated and they were not wrong. It was that or more. Once we were seated, it was about 10 minutes before our order was taken. The wait for food was probably another 40 minutes. I ordered breakfast, since I love Cracker Barrel's breakfasts. The sausage patties were barely warm, the "scrambled" eggs were runny ( I sent them back and got "rubber" eggs for my trouble), the grits were lumpy. The gravy and biscuits were OK. I noticed that everyone in the restaurant seemed to be waiting a long time on their food and there seemed to be plenty of servers and the restaurant did not seem to be that crowded to me. I guess maybe there was not enough help in the kitchen. I don't expect this to be fast food, but for Cracker Barrel prices I do expect good food served promptly and cooked properly. The whole experience from arrival to departure took about 2 hours. I'm sorry, Cracker Barrel- you really let me down this time. I hate to leave this kind of a review, but it is true. Cracker Barrel is better than this, and I left here very disappointed. I will probably avoid this location in the future.

Date of visit: March 2021
Reviewed 27 December 2020

Ordered breakfast with biscuits and gravy, took nearly 30 minutes to get food, without biscuits and gravy which was finally brought out after finishing our meals, no management personnel apologize, explained way the service was poor as the place wasn't even half full.

Date of visit: December 2020
Reviewed 18 December 2020

We went this past Wednesday evening. There was hardly anyone there at 5:30 pm. We were seated and they got our order. After 30 minutes I had to search for someone to ask about our food. Our waitress came out and said it should be ready shortly. I asked 5 minutes? She said more like 10 but she would go ahead and bring our bread out. After 5 minutes and no bread we walked out. There was one other couple there that also walked out. Worst experience ever in a Cracker Barrel!!! Very disappointed.

Date of visit: December 2020
Reviewed 7 October 2020

I’m a frequent diner at all locations for Cracker Barrel. It’s very rare if I ever send anything back or ask for a manager. I’m a stock owner and want to see the company continue to succeed.

When after a long wait we finally received our food. I ordered a bacon and egg on sour dough. As you can see from the picture the bread was burned. Since our server wasn’t checking in with us we asked another server to send a manager. I showed him my burned bread (on both sides) and asked for the bread to be replaced very politely. Everything else on the sandwich was good. He said he’d bring a new sandwich.

What a mistake on my part!!! I should have either ate the burned bread or insisted on only the bread replacement. The response of a replacement sandwich was passive aggressive. The bread wasn’t seared, the tomato was raw and now the bacon was burned!!! No one checked back nor would I dare ask for another sandwich. It was not good!!!! The burned sandwich would have tasted better.

It was an apparent display of passive aggressiveness. This is the 3rd time we have had issues with this location ( food and service) Go a little further and eat at either the Stewart’s Ferry or Lebanon locations.

Date of visit: October 2020